Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Stroseria Closing

I'm sure it doesn't really matter to you a whole lot, but we have come to a consensus and are shutting down the server. We've been working on it since July 2011 and have some cool stuff done, but, times are changing. The staff who are the life of the server are starting to grow up; quite frankly, it's hard to motivate people who have a billion other things going on in their life.

The main issue we're facing is that Stefan's policies aren't too popular around our server. We planned and developed our server from an iOS standpoint, and it's become extremely obvious that it just isn't going to happen. It was supposed the be the MMORPG for Graal iOS, but with Zodiac to compete with on PC and Delteria and Zodiac now on iOS, it's foolish. I guess it's somewhat understandable for Stefan to ignore us and put us at the bottom of his priority list, but several staff have put thousands of hours of man-power into the server so the whole thing seems a little ridiculous. Even though I may not be the biggest supporter of Thor, what Stefan did to him really got to me. What's the point of developing a server when all we have to look forward to in the future is either Tigairius removing us and trying to take over or Stefan trying to take over our server and use our content in a way we never wanted?

That being said, we'd like to offer the biggest kudos ever to those of you who are working to keep this game going. I remember Dusty once making a thread called "Your welcome, Eurocenter" and Stefan completely avoiding the topic and closing it. But to all the developers, the people working hard on iClassic, iEra, Graal the Adventure, Delteria, Zone, and every other server on Graal, who have stuck with Graal and made it what it is: I offer my greatest and most sincere thanks. You guys have changed the lives of thousands of people by doing what you do, and I just want you all to know how grateful I am and how grateful the other staff on Stroseria are. Thank you very much for all that you've done for this game, and we really can't wait to see what you have to offer to us in the future.

I'd like to take this opportunity to commend my staff team. They're truly the best people I've ever worked with in my life; I don't want you guys to think that this server's shutting-down is because of any of them. Specifically I'd like to give my thanks to Aya for always working her absolute best to benefit the server. She's probably one of the most hardworking and insightful people I've ever met on this game. Thanks also to the community for supporting us.

For all the work that went to waste, we're exploring other options for it. We want to have it see the light of day, so we might try to work something out with Stroseria or just find something else who is capable and willing to continue it. Seeing "Stroseria" release, though, is probably never going to happen, and I will almost certainly not be a part of it. We may just release the content in a .zip on the main forums and leave it for the vultures to consume; but I'm not worried about that at the moment.

This is getting too long, but I feel like I've been here too long not to say something.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.