Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned
Sword is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down "Manipulating the Graal Client"

You guys (as in whoever is behind the process detection for determining who is a cheater or hacker, or whatever) need to do a much better and/or more narrow job of determining the specifics of when to disconnect a player "for cheating."

After about three years away from Graal, I've come back and had Crono grant an unban on UN. Myself and several other sparrers have been playing the Facebook version recently, we decided we wanted to switch to the client because its smoother. For the past 48 hours, been on and off Graal just sparring and playing events and talking with friends.

I was first randomly disconnected with the "Players who are cheating will be banned!" message.
Pretty confused at this point, log back on and I am promptly disconnected again, this time with the following message:

Awesome. No idea what that's about. I try to log back on, I am shown this:

At this point, I have no idea what that is talking about. I'm pretty savvy to RC and Graal's process detection, so I check my running processes to see if I'm running anything that may have tripped the detection. Nothing at all. As you can see in those screenshots to the left, I am talking to someone on Pidgin about the disconnects as they happen.

Just came to me 20 minutes ago that Windows Explorer's Task Manager does not show all running processes. Instead I decide to load up a process hacker and I see this:

I use a portable version of Pidgin inside of my Dropbox called X-Pidgin: http://www.winpenpack.com/main/download.php?view.551
Apparently, X-Pidgin uses AutoIt to launch the application and store the portable data. As you can again see in those screenshots that I was on Pidgin, this is what caused the "hacker detection" within Graal to trigger, and what currently has me PC ID banned from UN.

TL;DR: Either staff need to only ban players if they trip the detection and are caught hacking, or Graal's staff itself need to refine the detection. Not everyone who runs AutoIt runs AutoIt to "hack Graal," it's a pretty useful, general software.

Would also appreciate if someone could unban my PC ID from Unholy Nation, or put me in contact with the appropriate staff that can do that.