Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-Stravier View Post
Sharing ideas between servers is a good idea. I hate how separated every server is from each other; why do we do that? It's silly how everyone can get at each others' necks over an online video game that we play in our free time. It would be different if it was actual blatant thievery in the way that it's an EXACT copy, but very few things on Graal are like that, really.
I'm not really trying to get at your neck or anything, I'd actually be quite interested in seeing how well somebody else would code a different version, what differences it would have and how it might be improved.

But surely if each of the many different servers were to be offering more or less the same content, then what would be the point in there being different servers exactly?
Wouldn't it be greater for the players to be playing something like this on one server with many other players as opposed to continuing to be fragmented across several servers in smaller numbers?

Especially with this whole movement towards micro-transactions, where people would be having to pay for specific items rather than a full and unlimited subscription I think servers should be striving to make themself more unique, diverse and towards a specific niche.
Otherwise can we really expect people to separately be paying money for the same things on multiple servers?

Having said that, in the highly unlikely event of Graal's subscription policy remaining full and unlimited, but at a much lower price that encourages a high level of playercount globally I'd be inclined to agree with you fully.