Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2008, 05:21 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Application: James

1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

Hello, I am James. I'm not as well known as I once was, as I don't partake in playing much of Graal anymore, but I can say that the only reason someone wouldn't know me now is that they are newer to the community. I've had past experience with the workings of P2P playerworlds, such as former manager of Graal2001, and development on Graal Kingdoms.

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.

I have extensive knowledge of Graal's present and past. I've had past jobs with Graal such as accounts administrator, account reset team, game master and have done a lot of behind the scenes work with Stefan. I was also a GM for RO for 6 months.

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?

My knowledge of the game, and the way I handle difficult situations. As a former accounts administrator, when we had to answer all support through e-mail, I would literally answer 100-200 e-mails in the span of a day, resolve the problem, or direct them to someone that could be of assistance.

I would also like to mention the fact back in 2001 when PWA wasn't really established like it is now, I would also have to resolve playerworld-related problems. Such as corrupt staff, and playerworld crisis' involving hackers (when the game was much more susceptible to editing of the code through a hex editor).

Finally, I think I would make a great addition to the Playerworld Administration because I'm a part of Graal's history, I have good judgment, good morals and I've always stuck around through thick and thin. I've literally been here to see it all.

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What amount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

I am currently attending college. I am employed. I could say anywhere around 2-4 hours a day, and anywhere from 4-8 hours on the weekend.

5) What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?

I am so sick of all the clones of playerworlds. Once we have a certain category of a playerworld, another one doesn't need to be made unless it truely has some amazing gameplay and brings something new to the table. It would be nice to deter people away from trying to make more of what we already have. If you want to make a modern server, go work for Era, share your ideas with them, because why try to recreate something we already have, when you could try to improve the overall quality of existing playerworlds.

There needs to be more originality, stop trying to bring back past playerworlds because they were successful in their time. Times change, and most likely the playerworld isn't around anymore for a reason. As time progresses, peoples minds change in what once was fun, isn't fun anymore.

I'd like to help form some new policies that would keep playerworld creators original, and hopefully bring more talented people together instead of having them spread so thin on so many different projects.

6) Show us some examples of your good judgment in certain situations.

The IRS once sent me a check that they didn't owe me. Instead of cashing it and possibly facing legal action, I tore it up and threw it away.

My buddy was having the party of the century, seriously. I had exams, instead of partying, I studied so I'd have a future.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player