Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
3a) If the PW Owner owns his PW - can he be considered "breaking the rules" on what is effectively Private Property? Do the Java Ninjas come rampaging onto all Java apps and enforce their will? No, I think under the current methodology a PW Owner can't be in violation of any rules at all
But it is all running on Graal's hosting under Graal's name and everything. If all Java apps were hosted on Sun's servers, I am sure they would have ninjas enforcing their will all over the place.

Quote:
3b) The level manager shouldn't get access to the Last Backup of the server though, and shouldn't be handed it under any circumstances
Why not? It seems like it would be in Graal's best interest that the levels dude can get a world up and running as soon as possible, so he should be handed the version of the server that is the furthest progressed.

Quote:
4a) the Zergling Rush theory and the Protoss theory.
Still voting for Ghost PWA where they just occasionally nuke servers that really suck

Quote:
5b) Even if I'm the only one that thinks it's a good idea, I still say there should be a global locker for things PWs don't mind sharing.
Stuff like that can be posted on either wiki, the scripting forum and graal.net, no?
I do not really see a lot of people contributing interoperable quality scripts, though.

Quote:
But then, I think all the servers should be connected at the Hubworld, so what do I know?
Did you ever come up with a concrete design or mockup implementation of Hubworld?