Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 05:23 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Privacy, and identity.

Your IP shouldn't be open to all staff with RC, it should only be available to the PR/GP Admin, the assistant manager and the manager.
I try to start a new account without anybody knowing it's me, but of course some staff member has to ruin it by comparing my IP to my main account.
Not only that but... your PM history should be displayed via your account, not through your PC:ID.
Even when I try to play on a new account and someone checks my history, the history would be the same as the one on this one, thus, revealing who I am.

Just two minor updates you guys should add to V6.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
our PM history should be displayed via your account, not through your PC:ID.
Even when I try to play on a new account and someone checks my history, the history would be the same as the one on this one, thus, revealing who I am..
PM history is not, in fact, by PCID...not sure where you got that idea as the client isn't even aware of the PCID of other players unless they're on a guest account. You will be able to see messages you've sent them and messages they've sent you on that computer, but they cannot see the messages your computer has sent/received.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
1. It's most likely the people who you mention should be able to do it that are outing you. IPs aren't available to public, and unless you're acting out or your behavior is detected you shouldn't have that problem.

If you have an issue with a server outing you, e-mail: [email protected]

Also Karma.

2. PM History is by account and has been that way for a long time.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
If you want privacy don't play a multiplayer online game?

And if you've got such a terrible personality that you think you need to make a new account to escape your bad reputation then whose fault is that really? Hmmm?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:19 AM
What the hell, I've caught countless people because of them having the same history as their other account.
How does that even work? PM's are saved on your computer, if it is saved for each account, why don't I have separate PM folders?

Old 04-16-2011, 07:45 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What the hell, I've caught countless people because of them having the same history as their other account.
How does that even work? PM's are saved on your computer, if it is saved for each account, why don't I have separate PM folders?
Each computer has its own PM stores. Therefore, if you send a message on account WaDaFack to me and then get on Allen555 or another of you accounts and view history it will look like you sent the message from Allen555. If I were to view history with Allen555, I wouldn't see the PM you sent me from WaDaFack.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Each computer has its own PM stores. Therefore, if you send a message on account WaDaFack to me and then get on Allen555 or another of you accounts and view history it will look like you sent the message from Allen555. If I were to view history with Allen555, I wouldn't see the PM you sent me from WaDaFack.
That's what I mean. If someone checks the history on Allen555, they'll see that he sent the EXACT same message as I did, at the exact same time (if they remember me sending that). Which gives the the player the idea who I am.
It shouldn't be like this! :P

Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
That's what I mean. If someone checks the history on Allen555, they'll see that he sent the EXACT same message as I did, at the exact same time (if they remember me sending that). Which gives the the player the idea who I am.
It shouldn't be like this! :P
On your computer yeah, not other peoples.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:09 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
wada if you pm me on an alternate account i wont see our history together, while you will see the history between us on all your accounts because of the computer you're on
Old 04-17-2011, 04:14 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
I'm not 100% sure, but if someone knows your IP, can't they do something with it that allows them to access your computer?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but if someone knows your IP, can't they do something with it that allows them to access your computer?
They can port-scan and look for holes, most people don't waste their time with that.

You're more likely to get "hacked" by other players using malicious links, trojans, or exploiting your secret answers to gain control of various accounts.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:46 PM
SWIMGHOSTPURRP
swimdude will become famous soon enough
In the wrong hands , this can be dangerous..
Old 04-17-2011, 11:10 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdude View Post
In the wrong hands , this can be dangerous..
IP addresses are not dangerous, lol.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Only if your computer already has a vulnerability.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva