Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Moderator Approval

Why do we need moderator approval for messages in the graal section?
Seems a bit silly since Moonie or Sam would jump on any "offensive" threads pretty quickly (they have a "Funthread" sense).
I mean, I could just post something in the NGRT section, and wait for one of them to come on, scold me, and move it. But at least then it would get some activity.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Because Unix got tired of moderators actually having to moderate the forums so they figured they'd catch it before it even hit the scene. I agree, it is annoying. So I just post it in the NGRT... but that gets me in trouble a lot. They won't move it, they'll just delete it(go back a few pages in the section and you'll see a ton of my posts deleted).

As for the specific reason? I dunno, Unix got pissed at some of the topics people were making and went overboard and just said **** it, no one gets to post here anymore, I'm tired of this ****.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Because Unix got tired of moderators actually having to moderate the forums so they figured they'd catch it before it even hit the scene. I agree, it is annoying. So I just post it in the NGRT... but that gets me in trouble a lot. They won't move it, they'll just delete it(go back a few pages in the section and you'll see a ton of my posts deleted).

As for the specific reason? I dunno, Unix got pissed at some of the topics people were making and went overboard and just said **** it, no one gets to post here anymore, I'm tired of this ****.
I've never seen anything bad really happen here, or not get caught by the moderators.
Other than the fact that I think they should only go after posts that are marked as offensive by the community, this is an unnecessary process.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
It wasn't the fact that 'bad' stuff was getting posted... just, you know, stuff Unix doesn't like to hear. It was getting caught fast, but he was just tired of it being posted at all.

edit: Here's the post:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=75319

Check posts in the general forums before the time of that post and you'll probably see why.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned
So basically, it's to filter out any bad comments about graal?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post
So basically, it's to filter out any bad comments about graal?
A lot of forums moderate posts before they go live. Follow the rules, and there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
A lot of forums moderate posts before they go live. Follow the rules, and there shouldn't be a problem.
It's not a question of rules, even if it obeys the rules I believe negative threads will be filtered out. They probably want to make an effort to keep a "positive light" on the main section so other people don't think Graal has problems.

Ignorance is a bliss, I suppose.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
It's not a question of rules, even if it obeys the rules I believe negative threads will be filtered out. They probably want to make an effort to keep a "positive light" on the main section so other people don't think Graal has problems.

Bingo.
It's not against the rules to make negative comments or suggestions for graal
Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post
Bingo.
It's not against the rules to make negative comments or suggestions for graal
Yet they always come down on it. It sucks, but there is NEVER anything we can do about it.

You know what's sad though? I find a company trying to hide and silence negative comments against them far more unappealing than one that accepts the criticism. Oh well.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post

Do you blame them? I don't remember the last time I've seen a positive thread about Graal. When blogs were introduced, a bunch of people started complaining and insulting the administrators. How immature is that? Why should they have to put up with things like that on their forums? There's a difference between posting something negative about Graal, and posting an insulting rant. Most of the negatives posts are just jabs at Darlene and Unixmad. Very few times have I seen a thoughtful negative post that suggests ways of fixing it. In the event that those posts are rejected just because they're negative, then I'm against that.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned
Quote:
Do you blame them? I don't remember the last time I've seen a positive thread about Graal. When blogs were introduced, a bunch of people started complaining and insulting the administrators. How immature is that? Why should they have to put up with things like that on their forums? There's a difference between posting something negative about Graal, and posting an insulting rant. Most of the negatives posts are just jabs at Darlene and Unixmad. Very few times have I seen a thoughtful negative post that suggests ways of fixing it. In the event that those posts are rejected just because they're negative, then I'm against that.
Is it immature, or good suggestions?
After all, isn't the customer the best meter of your customer satisfaction and company policies?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Quote:
And that's our fault? I'm sorry, but we post negative things because Graal isn't doing too good.

If they want positive things posted, make us happy! It's that simple. Every single other online game has to deal with the same thing. If you haven't noticed, no matter how constructive we all are, we are ignored.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't remember the last time I've seen a positive thread about Graal.
Who's fault is that?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Quote:
What forums do you browse???
Old 08-06-2008, 08:19 PM
It's more of a backlash of annoying Unix.