Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Graal Community

so i decide to ask i know people say in the past to let iphone players get on pc ect but i got a suggestion
y not make a iphone classic tab
or since there's 2 iphone servers at the moment
why not due what graal did in the past put gold coins beside it and pay to play just that server ?

I'm pretty sure if this doesn't happen PC graal will be dead due the community is getting smaller and smaller
Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
No, the PC community is mostly poison.

If you want to play then go on Facebook.

Also Zodiac hit 100 the other day, I'd say we're sustaining.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:05 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
No, the PC community is mostly poison.
I disagree, considering a lot of the PC players that want to play iClassic already do. If anything they made sparring more competitive and iSparrers take sparring more seriously now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay
If you want to play then go on Facebook.
tbh the end goal should really be to open access to the server we call iClassic through multiple platforms (real graal, iDevices, android, etc).
Old 05-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
tbh the end goal should really be to open access to the server we call iClassic through multiple platforms (real graal, iDevices, android, etc).
Haven't we asked for cross-platform access for a while now?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
A problem with this would be that all of the PC servers would end up at a severe disadvantage, unless ofcourse the subscription policy for PC Graal was improved to be more similar to iPhone's, or iClassic was of sufficient quality to attract a substantial amount of legit new players on the PC platform (which is unlikely at this time), which could then through migration be of benefit to the other servers.
An improved subscription policy however would increase the likelihood of PC Classic eventually flourishing, which does utilise the advantages of the PC platform to offer higher quality gameplay.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
A problem with this would be that all of the PC servers would end up at a severe disadvantage
Uh, what? Why?

The point is so that iPlayers can play the server on their PC's/Macs comfortably without facebook so that our community isn't fragmented. It's a long term goal that assumes this stupid subscription garbage is figured out.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Uh, what? Why?

The point is so that iPlayers can play the server on their PC's/Macs comfortably without facebook so that our community isn't fragmented.
In defragmenting that one particular community, the much greater set of external circumstances that apply to it could potentially starve the multiple smaller communities on PC Graal, which are still enduring a poorer set of external circumstances.
The ideal direction would be to allow all communities to flourish, that way Graal still makes its profit and none of the players lose out. It's also still arguable that greater PC access could have a negative effect on iPhone, as the bulk of its playerbase would then also be at a technical disadvantage.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned
The PC Graal community isn't really getting smaller anymore though, sure it's still fairly stagnant and being neglected, but player intake (pre-dominantly iPhone refugees, despite the overpriced subscription policy) is at the least matching the number of player loss, so it's at something of an equilibrium. If anything the numbers could get higher given some care.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:51 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
iPhone and fbGraal are for losers.

I still can't believe such bullshit exists.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:11 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
the PC community not getting any bigger just tired of playing with average 75 players on a server when i can play with 200+ again
Old 05-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
the PC community not getting any bigger just tired of playing with average 75 players on a server when i can play with 200+ again
that problem will only get resolved through getting the word out about the game and selling the idea as something people would enjoy.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:32 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
Because of ****ing observer mode.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Making Accounts free and using f2p. people should be able to purchase whatever they want, so ATLEAST they dont have to pay gold for that stupid playercount on graal.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 05-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Back when Classic dominated the serverlist most of the servers shared a similar level of external circumstances, that same logic can not be applied in this instance. For this to be the same again PC servers would not only need a better subscription format, but the luxury of also being cross-platform, which simply isn't feasible.
Again, not helping your argument. The fact that servers are so different would bring even MORE appeal to servers like Zodiac and Valikorlia. Whether a server is cross-platform or not doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike
Which is why in the event of Stefan and Unixmad realising what internal factors made iPhone a success, and actually taking measures to apply that to PC Graal, combining it with the greater capabilities offered by a computer, could also gain a higher level of popularity (albeit nobody could foresee it reaching the same height on the PC market).
Granted, I doubt it.
There would be no more "PC Graal" "iPhone Graal" "Android Graal", yes you can play on multiple devices depending on the server, and yes things like spars would probably be seperated based on what platform you're playing on (computer / portable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
Well considering you are not, and never were in the high tiers of sparring, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Ya what do I know. Zeross dominates the scene and I beat him on my first try and go back and forth every other time. I've only managed to take down Ares, Unleash, Squirt, Thallen, etc, but they're probably not top tier either right?

p.s my guildmates and I are the reigning champions of the largest spar tourney in Graal history. Feels good bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro
Because I don't enjoy sparring against kids who can't even defend themselves against things us PC sparrers have long since been used too. I like a challenge.
lmao, I can see you getting stomped on iClassic with that ****y attitude.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Ya what do I know. Zeross dominates the scene and I beat him on my first try and go back and forth every other time. I've only managed to take down Ares, Unleash, Squirt, Thallen, etc, but they're probably not top tier either right?

p.s my guildmates and I are the reigning champions of the largest spar tourney in Graal history. Feels good bro.

lmao, I can see you getting stomped on iClassic with that ****y attitude.
Which tournament do you consider to be the largest? I always felt it was Graalympics, which no one from US ever won. Must be nice in this day and age to stand behind the likes of Ares and Brett and brag about how good your guild is at sparring.

I mean come on dude, have you ever even won UTC? You would lose to every single person you've mentioned in a series, easily if they're on top of their game.

It's nothing to take personally, and I don't mean it as such. You're still a decent sparrer, but I'm sure every single one of them would back me up when I say that strafing is an important movement in sparring, and that sparring without it is a handicap. It's common sense.

And my attitude towards iClassic makes it such that I would never log onto it in the first place.