Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 PM
BioWare is on a distinguished road
More likely a small Poll

Should i make more tiles such as the grass i put on yesterday?
Or should i be making more guns?

I just want to know if there is a server that would hire me for one of them. I've been looking for servers that are hiring for like a week now but since im not the best at LATting or GFXing they wont hire me. Every server this day wants experienced developers and don't give the 'new' people a chance.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:05 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
You should make what you want for the sake of fun and improvement and don't bother actually getting hired until you're comfortable enough with your work to need not ask people what you "need" to do.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
I agree. Unless you're up for requests, make whatever the hell you want for practice and improvement. Don't forget to post your work to get criticism
Old 03-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Working on a server is, well, hard work anyways. So you should find something about GFXing or LATing that you truly find fun, and then it won't matter if you're working somewhere or not.

I agree with the previous two posts.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:20 PM
So you say i should make stuff i find fun to make and just post them in the graphics section to get critism.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:34 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Golden cat head (golden head440.png)

please
Old 03-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Isn't a golden head like mega heavy???
Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 AM
littlekinky has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I believe tiles, tiles seem good to learn from. I enjoy making tiles
Old 04-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekinky View Post
I believe tiles, tiles seem good to learn from. I enjoy making tiles
I will do my best to make some nice tiles
Old 04-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
I think you've got more chance of getting hired if you make something other than guns. Say if I was taking application for a modern server I would specially say no guns, no heads/bodies. Anyone can make those things, instead you want someone to show what they can do with a car, traffic lights, a tileset and so on. Aim higher than just guns or weapons.

The last time I applied for a graphics position I applied with a Japanese pagoda, a statue, a dragon, an inventory and a set if miniature characters (originally made for D&D type board game server). Just mix it up and show a wide variety of different things.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Old 04-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
I think you've got more chance of getting hired if you make something other than guns. Say if I was taking application for a modern server I would specially say no guns, no heads/bodies. Anyone can make those things, instead you want someone to show what they can do with a car, traffic lights, a tileset and so on. Aim higher than just guns or weapons.

The last time I applied for a graphics position I applied with a Japanese pagoda, a statue, a dragon, an inventory and a set if miniature characters (originally made for D&D type board game server). Just mix it up and show a wide variety of different things.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
I choose to make tiles. This is what came out after some hours of work.
First Crates, A flyer that is just put on the floor which you could pick up or so.
Some grass tiles
and
A poster on the wall where you can see who is hunted and howmuch the price on hes head is. or at least that was the idea behind it.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:30 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioWare View Post
I choose to make tiles. This is what came out after some hours of work.
First Crates, A flyer that is just put on the floor which you could pick up or so.
Some grass tiles
and
A poster on the wall where you can see who is hunted and howmuch the price on hes head is. or at least that was the idea behind it.
-Please- stop posting things you didn't create

Both posters are simply scaled down real posters, and what confuses me is that even the box and grass has artifacts in it that makes it look like they weren't your work as well
Old 04-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
-Please- stop posting things you didn't create
Where are these guys coming from? iPhone. We'd got kids like Emera(McChucken?) taking false credit for scripts and this guy grabbing graphics from God knows where and passing them off as his own.