Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2009, 04:34 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Bans should display the reason

and not a generic reason. Right now, when you try to log on a server you're banned on, it just shows you a reason like "exploiting glitches in the game client" rather than the actual reason entered by staff.

It'd be a lot more informative if it showed the actual reason.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:20 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
well I've already brought this up several times, but I agree

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Indeed, the ability to do this in the past was much better. I believe it would be better to permit us to set specific reasons again. Only Administrators should have the right to ban on servers, anyway.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:09 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
agreed.

it's kinda dumb that you may be banned for "event interruption" when the real reason is completely different, and that option was only selected because it's the shortest ban time. it really gives the wrong impression on the player that was banned.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:24 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Well they could just add more specific ban reasons, I've learned the players will manipulate your reasoning to the fullest in attempt to make you look bad.

The only problem I can see with allowing us to put in our own reasoning, is all the stupid/bad ban reasons.

I.e: "You are banned because: u r stupid and i dun liek u - some nub"
Old 05-11-2009, 05:03 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
regardless of the stupidity that people will put into ban messages, it's extremely convenient to be able to create your own ban message. if anyone puts something offensive or vulgar in the ban message I'm sure globals will take care of it.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
regardless of the stupidity that people will put into ban messages, it's extremely convenient to be able to create your own ban message. if anyone puts something offensive or vulgar in the ban message I'm sure globals will take care of it.
Only if it's classic or gold and the person complains though, I've got a huge ban history but have only been banned for serious 2 times

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I do not see how that is a bad ban reason
Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Or just make the preselected ban reason optional so you could choose one or enter the amount of days on your own.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:12 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Well they could just add more specific ban reasons, I've learned the players will manipulate your reasoning to the fullest in attempt to make you look bad.

The only problem I can see with allowing us to put in our own reasoning, is all the stupid/bad ban reasons.

We already leave a reason, and we already just get players either logging on guest accounts or PMing us from other servers asking us the real reason.

You could be banned for "Severely abusing a glitch resulting in a server rollback due to a spawned $11mil", yet it would say you scammed an account, which makes totally no sense.

I got an interesting PM from someone who was banned for sexual harassment once (totally unrelated to sexual harassment)
Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:

They can still ban you for that. It just won't say that as the reason.

This whole predefined thing doesn't change anything because if someone is going to ban you, they're is going to ban you -- whether it's listed there or not. They're just going to pick the reason with the time closest to what they desire.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:13 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
I agree, but i can understand why they do it. As long as the player gets a "general" idea, because if you have the real technical reason they may not understand it, thus causing more problems. But yes, I agree and hope it happens.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 AM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
Quote:
"Who hired this retard? Unless sufficient proof is provided and the reason changed this admin will be fired and the player unbanned" ~Global Admin

Just saying.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReaper0 View Post
"Who hired this retard? Unless sufficient proof is provided and the reason changed this admin will be fired and the player unbanned" ~Global Admin

Just saying.
That is not a good enough reason to fire somebody.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Well i don't really see why would this be needed? I think that you know what you're banned for?