Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I started working on a NEW overworld.

Yay. It's that time again to start working on my level skills. I decided to start a new overworld(old one can be found here: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=81506).

This one will be much larger(haha @ Cubical), but be developed around the basis of island travel. I'm not talking just boats and such, though. I imagine a variety of ways to travel between islands, from expansive bridges, cave systems, underwater(diving) hidden passages.

The current real map:
Click image for larger version

Name:	graalmap.png
Views:	258
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	51175

The layout(though I'm deviating from it as I go):
Click image for larger version

Name:	w_map.png
Views:	166
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	51176

I know there's not much here at the moment, but I think posting the progress and getting input would be better for me, and allow me to gather more motivation to work on it than I have had.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Graal Legend
FBI will become famous soon enough
Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Same here.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
This one will be much larger(haha @ Cubical)
you're dead to me but in all seriousness I cannot wait to see how it turns out.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:48 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Stop right here. You've developed enough and you've made it clear that you have no interest developing an actual server. So just stop, you seem to get everyone excited by what you're doing but you just don't want to follow through. Tease.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
very interesting cliffing on the coast!

Old 06-13-2010, 11:53 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
You spent a lot of time on development. However, you never put these bad boys to the test. I don't see why you don't turn all of your great things into a "server" because that's what most people dream of doing when they're developing. Everyone knows your capabilities in Graal Development and its amazing. But I don't know who you're trying to impress, or if it really is just a game for you to make your own private projects.

Just curious why you wouldn't want to be a Manager of a server on the Classic tab. Not that it would help Graal's problem for that matter.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:44 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
ya dusty whats wrong with you??
Old 06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
You spent a lot of time on development. However, you never put these bad boys to the test. I don't see why you don't turn all of your great things into a "server" because that's what most people dream of doing when they're developing. Everyone knows your capabilities in Graal Development and its amazing. But I don't know who you're trying to impress, or if it really is just a game for you to make your own private projects.

Just curious why you wouldn't want to be a Manager of a server on the Classic tab. Not that it would help Graal's problem for that matter.
I never put them to the test because I don't intend to. This is only the second overworld I have ever worked on, and the first I lost with a HDD failure.

I don't make levels much, but I do prefer to stay well-versed and be able to manage them on my own, so that takes practice. That's exactly what these overworlds are for. In the end they probably won't have the functionality or thought put into them that I prefer to have in my worlds, as it takes a lot of thought and planning to make an overworld that flows correctly and makes sense(at least in my opinion). Thus even if I were to finish this, I'd probably consider it useless to make a server out of.

It's all a matter of keeping up practice and killing a little time. It's also not like I selfishly keep all my work to myself so no one else can use it to try to do something for themselves.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
thats one clutch weepinbell
Old 06-14-2010, 03:17 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
I never put them to the test because I don't intend to. This is only the second overworld I have ever worked on, and the first I lost with a HDD failure.

I don't make levels much, but I do prefer to stay well-versed and be able to manage them on my own, so that takes practice. That's exactly what these overworlds are for. In the end they probably won't have the functionality or thought put into them that I prefer to have in my worlds, as it takes a lot of thought and planning to make an overworld that flows correctly and makes sense(at least in my opinion). Thus even if I were to finish this, I'd probably consider it useless to make a server out of.

It's all a matter of keeping up practice and killing a little time. It's also not like I selfishly keep all my work to myself so no one else can use it to try to do something for themselves.
why not try making an overworld you can turn into a world then? you seem to get more content finished than most UC servers do in their entire up time with a team of staff: why not put it to good use? what you consider useless, the majority of graal will consider awesome (as in every single person who seems to post in your release threads and gives + rep)
Old 06-14-2010, 03:42 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Why not let him do what he wants
Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
why not try making an overworld you can turn into a world then? you seem to get more content finished than most UC servers do in their entire up time with a team of staff: why not put it to good use? what you consider useless, the majority of graal will consider awesome (as in every single person who seems to post in your release threads and gives + rep)
I have no desire to. If I had the drive to make a server, I'd have just completed my last project instead of starting a new one from scratch.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
qft
Old 06-14-2010, 05:44 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
why not let me do what i want to do; make a suggestion.

Quote:
I have no desire to. If I had the drive to make a server, I'd have just completed my last project instead of starting a new one from scratch.
fair enough, just makes me sad to hear it ;_;