Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
The point of strength?

I never understood the logic of giving so much strength to dex-based weapon classes. I remember asking Yen why my Assassin had such a high amount of strength and he said it's supposed to slightly increase your attack (naturally no where near as high as dex, which makes sense) but I don't know if that was ever implemented.

So my question arises, why do I have 218 strength on a pure Assassin build? It's my second highest stat, and now that stamina is nerfed (I went from 200+ to 154) it's just kind of silly. Is it possible to tackle this on the current Zodiac? If not, are there any plans for strength to do more than just increase attack for strength based weapons on Zodiac v2?

Don't mean to whine but every other class benefits from dexterity in one way or another, yet only strength based weapons benefit from strength?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
The whole stat system needs to be re-done with completely different formulas etc.
A good idea can be, when you level up you get 5 Stat Points which you can use to fill in your stats, than at level 60 you can do CMPs to get 5more stat points etc.
Similar to Old Zodiac >.>

Old 06-26-2009, 03:47 PM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
than at level 60 you can do CMPs
hell no

Last edited by pig132; 06-26-2009 at 08:56 PM..
Old 06-26-2009, 06:06 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig132 View Post
hell no
You're right, letting players distribute their own stat points to base stats is recipe for disaster and would be ridiculous to balance.

As for the whole strength and dex thing, it was never implemented but I can try and work something in.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You're right, letting players distribute their own stat points to base stats is recipe for disaster and would be ridiculous to balance.
I wouldn't say it's a "recipe for disaster" but it does require more effort balancing and don't think Zodiac has the manpower to pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4
As for the whole strength and dex thing, it was never implemented but I can try and work something in.
Alright.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:45 PM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post

If you read what i was selling "hell no" to, you would see what I was talking about.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig132 View Post
If you read what i was selling "hell no" to, you would see what I was talking about.
If you read what fowlplay was saying, you would see he was agreeing with you.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Heh Chali, although your post was off topic I was meaning to bump this. I ask again: what is the point of reducing Assassin's dex gain in favor of 1 strength (compared to thief) when strength is completely and 100% useless?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Heh Chali, although your post was off topic I was meaning to bump this. I ask again: what is the point of reducing Assassin's dex gain in favor of 1 strength (compared to thief) when strength is completely and 100% useless?
don't u want to be strong????