Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
player.ani params

Is there any way to set params using player.ani?

I've tried

PHP Code:
player.ani "idle, block.png";
//(I've tried it without the space inbetween idle,block.png) 
but this just outputs

File download: idle, block.png.gani not found
Old 10-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
setani(ganiname,parameter(s));
TServerPlayer.setani(str, str)
Old 10-04-2011, 10:46 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Yeah- but I don't want to use setani :[

(I would need to re-script most of the movement- i'm wondering if there is a solution)
Old 10-04-2011, 10:46 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
(I would need to re-script most of the movement- i'm wondering if there is a solution)
Use attributes instead.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yeah- but I don't want to use setani :[

It's the preferred method. Assigning a string to player.ani (which is an object) is not the way you should do it. Do some search and replace on your movement and get used to setAni().
Old 10-04-2011, 10:50 PM
boo his boo-

Not using attrs as they can be laggy on iOS device. /cry

I just wanted to use a param to save iOS file space (instead of creating so many different gani's when just replacing the image)

thanks though guys <3
Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Tried directly modifying player.aniparams?
Old 10-04-2011, 11:01 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not using attrs as they can be laggy on iOS device. /cry
I don't see why it would be anymore laggy than storing a string in a parameter.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:02 PM
player.aniparams - wouldn't work.
By the looks of it, I couldn't modify it either.

Apparently ATTRs can cause lag, I'm sure Stefan said this :[
Old 10-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
/cry only works on iDevices foo
Old 10-05-2011, 12:09 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
It's the preferred method. Assigning a string to player.ani (which is an object) is not the way you should do it. Do some search and replace on your movement and get used to setAni().
Based on what I've heard, it's not anymore. Tig told me that Stefan (or one of his disciples) said to set it directly on iPhone servers (Ol West, Kingdoms iPhone) as it's faster or something. I agree that it's weird, since player.ani is supposed to be an object.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The problem is that player.ani is different on client-side and server-side.
On server-side it's just a string, and you can do player.ani = "aniname,params"; although you can also access player.aniparams separately.
On client-side it's an object, but you can assign a string to it to make it work similar as on server-side. This is the as with "profile = " assignments. On client-side it doesn't accept "aniname,params" though, but we can add that.
Using setani is a safe bet for now.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Based on what I've heard, it's not anymore. Tig told me that Stefan (or one of his disciples) said to set it directly on iPhone servers (Ol West, Kingdoms iPhone) as it's faster or something. I agree that it's weird, since player.ani is supposed to be an object.
That's strange as **** :/
Old 10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Stefan (or one of his disciples) said to set it directly on iPhone servers (Ol West, Kingdoms iPhone) as it's faster or something.
I find this weird as I'd imagine the difference in time between one such built-in function and assigning a variable to be somewhat negligible.
So if this really does make a significant difference, wouldn't it also be better to assign such variables as this.isblocking, this.visible and this.layer instead of using this.dontblock();, this.hide(); and this.drawunderplayer();?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The problem is that player.ani is different on client-side and server-side.
On server-side it's just a string, and you can do player.ani = "aniname,params"; although you can also access player.aniparams separately.
On client-side it's an object, but you can assign a string to it to make it work similar as on server-side. This is the as with "profile = " assignments. On client-side it doesn't accept "aniname,params" though, but we can add that.
Using setani is a safe bet for now.

That would be great- thank you <3