Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Global Buddylist.

Is it possible to download your buddy list when it's global, as opposed to local?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:00 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
What do you mean? They're still in your buddy list, just not on the server?

What do you mean by download?

Sorry I misunderstood the question
Old 05-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Buddy lists used to be exclusively saved locally (on the players computer) but there was a feature brought in where your buddies were saved globally (so if you reformatted or something, they'd still remain).

What I'm asking is.. is it possible to download this global list of buddies, if you want to use them on another account.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:37 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Buddy lists used to be exclusively saved locally (on the players computer) but there was a feature brought in where your buddies were saved globally (so if you reformatted or something, they'd still remain).

What I'm asking is.. is it possible to download this global list of buddies, if you want to use them on another account.
That would be nice :o
Old 05-02-2008, 02:43 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Oh, okay.

I thought a local list was still kept in your Graal directory?
Old 05-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Oh, okay.

I thought a local list was still kept in your Graal directory?
It is.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:51 AM
the fake one
Quote:
It is.
Then what do you want? To transfer it to a new account?
Old 05-02-2008, 03:03 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It's not synchronized with your global list. IE, if I move to a new computer I will still have my buddies but I won't have the list saved on my computer.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:12 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It's not synchronized with your global list. IE, if I move to a new computer I will still have my buddies but I won't have the list saved on my computer.
Oh okay ... I thought it still saved. My bad.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:26 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Yeah that would be cool, an 'import/export buddy list' feature.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I think you just need to enable the scripted playerlist, it will be saved / synchronized to scriptfiles/groupBuddy.txt
Old 05-02-2008, 11:00 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think you just need to enable the scripted playerlist, it will be saved / synchronized to scriptfiles/groupBuddy.txt
Right, but why don't we add it for the external player list since virtually everyone who can uses it?
Old 05-03-2008, 05:15 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Because the external is being replaced, I think.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:20 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Because he's going to be releasing a new client sometime in the near future (I'm guessing)? Would be silly for him to have to make another client between the current one and the one to be released when the old playerlist is just going to be removed.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:04 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Because the external is being replaced, I think.
I thought he was going to leave an option to still use it? After all, one of their things they boasted about in v5 was the dockable playerlist (which I hate by the way, as it doesn't work with multiple screens, which I've reported)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
Because he's going to be releasing a new client sometime in the near future (I'm guessing)? Would be silly for him to have to make another client between the current one and the one to be released when the old playerlist is just going to be removed.
I know this, I have the version with external windows.