Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum > Classic News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Poll Booth Restored

While there is one more studio event in the pipeline, efforts are also being designated towards inside filling, details and refining in preparation for Classic going live.

One such notable location which has been restored is the poll booth:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pollhouse.png
Views:	226
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	54969

Poll data is now stored within an SQLite database, so there won't be roll-back issues when the NPC-Server is restarted.
It may also be possible in future to have poll boards at other locations with special permissions, such as guild houses.

The poll booth is the building to the left of SuperNick's battle arena (pyramid) in the north of Graal City.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
There should be some way to "verify" your account as a trial player. I understand this restriction is to prevent players from making multiple accounts to vote, but it is annoying. perhaps if they have both a Graal# account and a community name you can allow people who once had gold to vote?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
perhaps if they have both a Graal# account and a community name you can allow people who once had gold to vote?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
The community name method did occur to me already, but I do not believe it is 100% reliable. If a non lifetime Classic account created prior to Graal###### accounts were to upgrade, and then eventually run out of gold, their community name would be equal to their account name, and so they would not be distinguishable as having upgraded. Allowing trial accounts prior to Graal###### usage would be something of a risk.

Sometimes you also have a Graal###### account which upgrades but the user has not created a community name, so if they were to let their gold expire without creating one it would also not be distinguishable.
I could add that specific check, though it still wouldn't be ideal, and perhaps unfair on those with a non Graal###### trial account.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:27 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I could add that specific check, though it still wouldn't be ideal, and perhaps unfair on those with a non Graal###### trial account.
I still seriously doubt anyone has a bunch of stockpiled accounts that they still remember from pre 2007 or whenever they switched to graal# accounts. so just having a community name should be fine.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
I still seriously doubt anyone has a bunch of stockpiled accounts that they still remember from pre 2007 or whenever they switched to graal# accounts. so just having a community name should be fine.
It's not all that uncommon, people would often make a trial account for the sake of obtaining an account name of interest, which can't be done now Graal###### is in use.