Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:23 AM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Era - The Truth (Rant).

After spending another day on Era, I felt that this thread was needed.

Although I've posted a thread like this before, I will be listing some changes that need to take place.

Just where is Era headed? I am aware that some staff are making an *attempt*, and I use that word loosely, at trying to improve the context of Era, but are they fixing the right things? Let's be honest now, what is there to do on Era? With gun pricing being as high as it is right now, jobs are useless. The only way of making a large chunk of money is by massing out what you're selling, and play the market, which somebody has referred to as "playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun," which is true.

Let's break down what Era currently consists of.

1.) A few events that are played-out.
2.) Gang raids consisting of 2-3 members for each gang (Usually).
3.) Most guns consist of a low-freeze, with a rapid-fire rate.
4.) Unique weapons lack any form of fun and ability to be used as a "killing-tool." (Example: Boomerang, which I own).
5.) A G-Map which has very few accessible and useful buildings.

That's just the outline of it, which doesn't make up for half the problems that Era has. I guess this is more of a rant, rather than an idea thread. But please, post your ideas.

If I can keep this well-organized hopefully this will be a good place to discuss Era's problems, which I hope will make Era a better place.

I know that I am on the verge of quitting, and I for one would rather see Era improve in any way possible.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Boomarangs are not ment to be "Killing-tools" ... z.z

Its pretty OP, you can do 60-80 in one throw if your lucky
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
Don't quit before you see the results of the current restructuring.

The whole team is working very hard right now to fix as many problems that Era has as possible, and prevent alot of its current problems from happening again.
You won't really see the results until after a reset, but trust me, we're all working.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
era is heading down the same road as graal.

are people really interested in developing era when the games dying.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotoo2 View Post
You won't really see the results until after a reset, but trust me, we're all working.
This is something that Houdini criticized me for.
He's a real jerk..
Old 10-14-2008, 03:17 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotoo2 View Post
Tally that as the second reset from when Stefan said Era should recieve no more resets which was after the other two.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Umm, have you guys been reading any of the udates for new Era at all?

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=82006
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=82246
Old 10-14-2008, 04:00 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
1.) A few events that are played-out.
I resent that.
Quote:
I know that I am on the verge of quitting, and I for one would rather see Era improve in any way possible.
It is improving, have you not been paying attention? Read some of the threads.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It is improving, have you not been paying attention? Read some of the threads.
Has it?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Like Crono said, has it?

I'm not ready to automatically believe that any of these updates will improve Era, or if they will even occur at all.

I appreciate the attempt made by a few staff members, so don't take this offensive, but Era staff are known for forming ideas, and later canceling them or not completing them.

Creating new guns, weapons, items, and forming a completely new G-Map are the steps to take to solve Era's boredom factor. Instead of releasing one uber-rare weapon that only the rich afford, or releasing a common store where 400 of the same gun are available, why not release around 15 of one gun, and see where that takes Era? Having a few of these stores around current hurt.

Again though, that is just one step to take. It won't change Era overnight, but I also don't believe fixing the imbalance in guns is really gonna make anybody think that Era will become that much more enjoyable.

And Renji, Boomerangs don't even do any damage half of the time, plus it was only an example. Stuff like that should be more creative, instead of having a few grass particles being released upon impact. I mean, come on now.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:15 AM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
Creating new guns, weapons, items, and forming a completely new G-Map are the steps to take to solve Era's boredom factor. Instead of releasing one uber-rare weapon that only the rich afford, or releasing a common store where 400 of the same gun are available, why not release around 15 of one gun, and see where that takes Era? Having a few of these stores around current hurt.
All of these problems are being worked on and won't be occurring in the future if all goes well.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Understood is on a distinguished road
We're all working really hard on new ideas to make Era better...which says a lot considering we have no management guiding us on what to do.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:50 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
ya well you guys are doing ideas that you think are right why not listen to us for a change
we have good ideas but if your not going to listen how is era going to get better?hmm my car trunk idea is great everyone loves it if you do that idea just make cars worth a little more, but no mange shut me down
Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Understood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman13x View Post
ya well you guys are doing ideas that you think are right why not listen to us for a change
we have good ideas but if your not going to listen how is era going to get better?hmm my car trunk idea is great everyone loves it if you do that idea just make cars worth a little more, but no mange shut me down
It would be fun, yes...but you need to take all things into consideration. Allowing people to store things in the trunk of their car would kind of make lockers pointless, and lockers help to take money out of the economy. It might also prevent players from investing in houses or apartments because who's going to buy an apartment in SR when you can store things ANYWHERE in your car?

If we did end up making trunks able to store something, I'd say it should only be like ONE item.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:41 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Understood View Post
It would be fun, yes...but you need to take all things into consideration. Allowing people to store things in the trunk of their car would kind of make lockers pointless, and lockers help to take money out of the economy. It might also prevent players from investing in houses or apartments because who's going to buy an apartment in SR when you can store things ANYWHERE in your car?

If we did end up making trunks able to store something, I'd say it should only be like ONE item.
i didnt say you can store 50 things in your car my idea was 5-7 items thats all and if you add them make cars worth a little more that will also take money out of the economy,also if eras a modern type of server cars right now cant store just 1 item that would be pointless then