Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2014, 09:59 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Holidays on Era

Hey everyone if you haven't been online in the last 3 days you should definitely go check out the stuff staff have in store for the holidays! Basically you kill snowmen and they drop a common present, rare present, or piece of coal.

I'd like to discuss the idea of trading holiday items. Last year for the winter holidays the coins were non-tradeable and the winners of the event were the ones that put in the large amount of work (shoutout to chooch). Now this year I wasn't playing during Eastertime but for Halloween the tokens that people acquired from trading in body parts were tradeable. I understand there are pros and cons to each, but lets discuss and try to find the best option for the server and maybe get some insight from staff as to why things changed up.

Now with these presents we really have no idea what's going to be in them but if they serve as 'tokens' or if you get tokens from opening them then this is basically a pay-to-win holiday event, which means you don't necessary have to partake in the holiday event in order to reap the benefits. The flip side is that if people put a lot of time into the event and don't like any of the items that are revealed they can simply cash out on their tokens and not feel like they were swindled.

What do you guys think is the best way to run the holidays?