Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
ERA Really?

one question for Zach and these developers...

u guys closed South Ridge for 4 days its been

i ask u guys say oh were redoing it
ok u guys have Era Dev

y not use that for what is meant and quit just blocking half the map off to dev on the main for when u guys can just convert it over in 1 day and have it completely uploaded ??

i think if Era Dev cant use a dev server they so much needed aka that's y they even got one cuz they cry about it then they should lose it.....
Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Graal Developer
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
oh and the hospital is block too congraz
Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
one question for Zach and these developers...

u guys closed South Ridge for 4 days its been

i ask u guys say oh were redoing it
ok u guys have Era Dev

y not use that for what is meant and quit just blocking half the map off to dev on the main for when u guys can just convert it over in 1 day and have it completely uploaded ??

i think if Era Dev cant use a dev server they so much needed aka that's y they even got one cuz they cry about it then they should lose it.....
Era Dev had to be purchased in the first place..

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Graal Developer
so doesn't mean u guys still cry about it so long and haven't even seen one update that came out there besides move things over a gmap and call it a new gmap
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry for blocking off... more water?

I'd respond further but I fear more incoherent responses from you.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I am actually inclined to agree with Rave_J on this one. Could have been done on Era Dev...
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
The main reason we did not want to do it on Era Dev is because of the scripts. We did not want to have to update scripts on Era Dev and fiddle with them to work on the main server. As we constantly fix bugs on the main server, the era dev server script would become out-dated.

To be quite honest, I don't see why your posting a thread about us blocking off a part no-one visited and there was no point to visit it anyway.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:19 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
The mining caves were better than the normal ones, plus houses were there. How do we get to the houses and the cave now?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Graal Developer
yup the mines and people had houses

but comes down to lazyness
how hard is it to copy all the folders
and paste them on another server folder

and bam there u go
Old 12-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Alfonso 2013!!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
The main reason we did not want to do it on Era Dev is because of the scripts. We did not want to have to update scripts on Era Dev and fiddle with them to work on the main server. As we constantly fix bugs on the main server, the era dev server script would become out-dated.

To be quite honest, I don't see why your posting a thread about us blocking off a part no-one visited and there was no point to visit it anyway.
Let me start off by saying that I'm against the concept of dev servers to begin with, and that only bad & inefficient developers have a need for them. However, seeing as you DO have one, aren't you supposed to do all those script updates and bug fixes on the Dev server before applying them to the main server? Doesn't make sense that you're not.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Let me start off by saying that I'm against the concept of dev servers to begin with, and that only bad & inefficient developers have a need for them.
I can agree with that.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
i didn't even realise SR still existed
Old 12-07-2012, 11:00 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
However, seeing as you DO have one, aren't you supposed to do all those script updates and bug fixes on the Dev server before applying them to the main server? Doesn't make sense that you're not.
Fixing a 2 minute bug on the main server is not worth wasting time hopping onto the dev server, changing it there then applying it to the main server.
Personally, the dev server should be used for new/in-experienced developers that might be too risky to have on the main server. Also, the trust factor that they would try and destroy the server by spawning/deleting levels.

If you ask a staff member to access your house/mines I'm sure they would help you out.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Graal Developer
so u say its a bug..... If it takes u more then 4 days to fix a 2 min bug then u need to be fired...... SR been close for 4 days
what a good Dev Admin u are !