Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I never asked for this.
Raeiphon is on a distinguished road
Why does GS2 not function with the current offline editor?

I left a year ago expecting such features when I came back.

It's the same as it was when I left. Whatever happened to GS2 support for the offline level editor? It's goddamn impossible to practice GS2 in an environment where you're unable to compile a script to test it's effect and see the results

Maybe you crazy people are used to learning like that. I'm standing resolute by my belief that half of you are robots.

Enlighten me - why is this so?

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
You need to talk your way into a server or pay to get one yourself to learn anything. This is something you should just accept.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:27 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
You need to talk your way into a server or pay to get one yourself to learn anything. This is something you should just accept.
The cold, hard truth.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
We shouldn't have to.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
We shouldn't have to.
I agree, we shouldn't, there's no changing that fact. However, it doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Any positive, well accepted change is considered a bad thing for CJ.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
You don't seem to realize that by adding support for GS2 into the editor, they would have to implement parts of their actual servers. By doing so, it can easily be stolen, and used by people with ill feelings towards CJ.

I completely understand why they're not doing it. Do I like it? No, not really.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
You don't seem to realize that by adding support for GS2 into the editor, they would have to implement parts of their actual servers. By doing so, it can easily be stolen, and used by people with ill feelings towards CJ.
OR those ill-feeling people could just use any of a dozen of free scripting languages instead, that are actually well-tested, documented and supported on a larger scale. What do they have to gain by actually using GS2?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Why? They don't need to add serverside support, it would be like the current editor but in GS2 instead of GS1.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
What do they have to gain by actually using GS2?
Same thing they have to gain by using old versions of Graal servers for their own project? I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about without me having to mention it's name.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
can someone enlighten me as to who the hell CJ is? I've seen him mentioned a lot recently and I'm not sure who it is.

edit: cyberjouers??? :[
Old 11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Why? They don't need to add serverside support, it would be like the current editor but in GS2 instead of GS1.
As far as I understand it, the thing that turns plain-text GS2 into executable byte code is currently only part of the server.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
As far as I understand it, the thing that turns plain-text GS2 into executable byte code is currently only part of the server.
Would it require a lot of work to change the GS1 stuff to GS2 on the editor if you were in Stefan's position?
Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Same thing they have to gain by using old versions of Graal servers for their own project?
If we are thinking of the same guys, they cannot use the new client anyway because they cannot figure out the encryption.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
can someone enlighten me as to who the hell CJ is? I've seen him mentioned a lot recently and I'm not sure who it is.

cyberjouers??? :[
Cyberjoueurs. Joueurs is pretty much French for "gamers" or something, it is just the label that Stefan/Unixmad started the whole thing under.