Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
New shop system?

(I know, Usually idea's get posted in the main forum but this one is supposed to be used for idea's :P)
(I know my english is bad, But i'm sure everyone will get what i mean)

Hello Everyone..

I was thinking that it would be cool to give anyone a chance of having their own shop..
Allright, So.. All shops on Era will be able to be player-owned, And anyone can buy those shop's.
Each shop will have an basic price you have to pay if you want it, When you buy this shop you will be the full owner. You can hire/fire people, you can kick/ban people from the shop, you have a safe, you have an office, etc..

Then when you are the owner the safe will be empty ($0) and you have to make some money quickly to keep the shop.
Then you got this shop, there are no items in it. You will have a list of (Example) 10 Items, you can sell 5 of these in your shop. You select the 5 items, you can only choose these items once.. You can't change them.
Every week you will have to pay some money (Not sure how they call that, but for the using of the building etc) which will be automaticly taken out of your safe. This money would depend on the items you sell, if you have expensive items it will be more, if you have cheap items it will be less. When you dont have enough money in your safe, and you can't pay the money you will lose your shop and it will be for sale again..
The whole shop would be reset then and someone else can buy it.

At this way you could also take money out of the economy (By paying the money to buy the shop) and people can't be lazy asses.. They will have to be active, you need a good staffteam, you have to work, etc.. to keep your business.

--------------------------------------------
EXAMPLE:
I walk to the NPC Shop at unstick me.. ''Hey! Its for sale!''
So i walk to the ATM, Pull out my ATM Card and i get $25000 to buy this shop. ''Yay, I have my own shop!''
I walk to the backroom, into my office and grab my computer. Then i'll get a GUI (This would only work once) and i pick 5 Items of the 10 which i want to sell in my shop. They're in my shop now.
Now i write an hiring PM and mass it out.. People can ask me for an application list for a job. Then i'll pick a few workers, they have to work hard to keep their job. (NPC SHop-Gun shop) I'll hire a few miners and a few stockers, I make alot of money and i have enough money to pay my rent. After a week i promote some people to Co-Owner, Manager, Co-Manager, etc. The shop is still going allright and making money.
*After 3 weeks*
The shop is making less money, people buy less items now from my shop. *Oh noez!* I dont have enough money in my safe to pay the rent and i lose my shop, and my workers lose their job..
--------------------------------------------

This could be done with any shop..
- Hat shop's (Hat's have to be made with special items.. could be new items)
- Gun shop's (Just as always)
- Food shop's (Same as now)
- Hotel (You have to get money from people hiring a room)
- Car shop? (You make car's yourself by stocking, you could need leather, old tires, etc which you need to collect)
- Anything..

Comments?

Personally i really like this idea.

- Name (DuBsTeRmAn)
Old 05-09-2009, 04:49 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Wall of texts hurt mai eyes.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:07 PM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Its a good idea,but when to many of the same items get released (except ammo and food)
most likely guns and hats the price goes down which causes those people to lose their shops. Therefore they wasted x amount of money.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:11 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I like this idea Exept, it would make people "SUPER RICH ex:Gun shop at unstick" and less rich ex: Gun shop ( a distance away) it would throw it even more off kinda thing..
Anyways i like it xP

Edit: Maybe the shops at unstick cost more for rent and buy then the distant ones
Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I like the idea, I had a similar one in mind.

like, you buy the place and you need to go to NPC shops to buy your stocking stuff, and everything neccesary to fabric your items (like for guns you need to buy the metals etc, there could be a guide that tells you exactly what materials it need to make a gun)

AND of course, a tax system. so you wont keep the the shop for ever even while its dead.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I don't like this idea; it's better to have good player-owned businesses. Things like Era News, PPA, etc. are good because they aren't just mining/selling. When all you're competing on is price (e.g. Ammo Mart and Gun Point), there is hardly any competition.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:16 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
a similar system was implemented a few years ago and ruined the economy.

so, no.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Blonk
The_Blue_Cracka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The_Blue_Cracka
You don't need apostrophes to make a word plural!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
This was done on Jenn Era
she had it where anybody can owned a business or a gang
once u cant make rent u lose it and run out of gang points will lose there base and even cant get enough back erase the gang
its a failed idea