Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
dear GCs

please stop crying about how people need to be thankful you host, it's annoying.

If you're going to constantly be fishing for attention and gratitude then leave the team, it's not like you're some irreplaceable cog in the machine that is Classic.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
please stop crying about how people need to be thankful you host, it's annoying.

If you're going to constantly be fishing for attention and gratitude then leave the team, it's not like you're some irreplaceable cog in the machine that is Classic.
I concur.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
So the fact that we take time out of our day to host events for people doesn't entitle us to any measure of gratitude at all?

Wtf are we, robots that take requests and host them step by step?

Don't bow down to us or give us gifts or anything, but dropping a "yo thanks for hosting my favorite event" once and a while would be nice. That's how I feel; perhaps other GCs take it another direction, idk.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
although it's nice for people to thank you I don't see why you should expect it when it's your job to host.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
So the fact that we take time out of our day to host events for people doesn't entitle us to any measure of gratitude at all?

Don't bow down to us or give us gifts or anything, but dropping a "yo thanks for hosting my favorite event" once and a while would be nice. That's how I feel; perhaps other GCs take it another direction, idk.
I always find that being thanked is a great motivation, but you shouldn't take a job expecting it as 'payment'. The whole "you should be thankful we do this!" just rubs me in the wrong way.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I used to feel the same way this thread creator feels, until I became GC myself. I used to say the GC's sign up for the job, expecting criticism, but you won't know how it can feel until you do actually become a GC.

Almost all of the GC's have felt players take the events for granted as if we're paid to do it, and yell at the GC if something isn't done right to their liking. Maybe that's the problem with GC controlled events rather than automatic.

GC's can be replaceable, but feeling disrespect will always be there in every GC, so this thread really can not accomplish anything

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Gladius
Whatever a GC or a dev teamer does, it just isn't good enough to many people, which is unfortunate. Just because you don't win the super bowl, it doesn't mean all your efforts over the season were a waste.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:23 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I always find that being thanked is a great motivation, but you shouldn't take a job expecting it as 'payment'. The whole "you should be thankful we do this!" just rubs me in the wrong way.
I don't see where he said that, unless it's in another thread.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post

glad, im not going to try and be mean to u, but out of all the gc's your the main one that constantly ask for gratitude. "why should i host with only 3 peoples online" why arent you? its not like 3 people is the end of the world
Old 05-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't see where he said that, unless it's in another thread.
Response to the original topic.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:31 AM
Gladius
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
glad, im not going to try and be mean to u, but out of all the gc's your the main one that constantly ask for gratitude. "why should i host with only 3 peoples online" why arent you? its not like 3 people is the end of the world
Three people is not my idea of a competitive event. If you feel otherwise, well, thats your opinion. Don't judge me based on your opinion.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:34 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I beg to differ, Glad, but I don't want another back and forth debate going on again.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Gladius
Believe what you want to believe.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
Personally i am grateful for a chance to join in on an event, it gets a few players together and they give me something else to do other than wander around aimlessly since myself and many others just have to wait for updates.

(whenever those occur, maybe when the moon drifts out of orbit?)
Old 05-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
the moon isn't drifting out of orbit, it's slowly drifting closer to the earth, duh