Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
ETA Should Consider.

Suggestions this events administrator should consider.

Telling the event team after one round of Tag Team Spar, both Assaults, PK Tag and any other player killing event that if there is more than 3 people left you should always host another round.

If I join any of them events I said above I intend on playing them events not going to last man standing every time a round is over. If i wanted to play last man standing, I'd join last man standing. I put it down to lazyness jumping straight to last man standing. Please, give us more rounds we joined to play that event, let us play it.

Weekly spar tournament doesn't happen anymore, why not? Players enjoyed participating in that event, why does this new administrator not host it? Can we start this again?

Same with the 2v2 spar tournament, why did it stop?

These events can help spark a bit of life into era, every little helps.

Iron man should be given back to the event administrator to take care off, i brought that event back to life when i was ETA and even built the hall of fame room to make it more interesting i do not see why anybody else but the ETA needs to host it?

When events eventually do go to last man standing. Arena 2 should be used at all times. Recently i have found myself fighting in ice and other silly arenas. This can give advantage to other players. Nades, guns etc especially weaker players will be effected by this. Arena 2 keeps it fair and balanced for everyone.

Also would like to see more events pushed out, haven't seen any new PK events or anything of that matter even being considered by this ETA. I was just a normal player and one day asked somebody to warp me to a test level and give me staff blocks and i came up with an event "PK FlagTag" that we all play now. Took me 5 minutes to put it together and thanks to BlueMelon we got it out there. It's not rocket science.

Not blasting the current ETA but being ETA twice in the past he/she (not sure the gender) no offensive I believe could be doing a lot more.

Koho out.

Last edited by Kohola_KinG; 01-08-2015 at 10:45 PM..
Old 01-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
Not bad suggestions, and I'll make sure to work with the ETA (Rob, by the way) to get some new things running.

As for iron man, it doesn't really matter who's running it, and I would prefer that administrators such as Ishmael or Zao are present for it, so them hosting it is ideal.

We're currently working on new events, and that's not really the ETA's territory, more so that of development. Sure, it's nice if the ETA can develop, and can make some new events (or ideas for some), but his job really is just to manage the ET team and make sure everything is being done fairly.

I personally always go to LMS if there's only 3 left, seeing as it's not fair to host another round and allow more players to join the event potentially denying the original winners of any prize. Remember, playing events is a privilege, not a right, so as long as they're being hosted and not being abused, all is well.

I appreciate your feedback though, any/all is always welcome.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeySprinkles View Post
I personally always go to LMS if there's only 3 left, seeing as it's not fair to host another round and allow more players to join the event potentially denying the original winners of any prize. Remember, playing events is a privilege, not a right, so as long as they're being hosted and not being abused, all is well.
I go to LMS when there is only 3 left also. I am saying anything more than 3 left should go another round. Recently I've witnessed 6-7 players still left and jumping straight to LMS. What i am asking is for another round unless there is only 3 players or less then go to LMS.

Also the reason i was asking for event administrator to host Iron man was because then it would be hosted monthly. This event isn't hosted on a consistent basis. I brought the event back in 2011 and created the statue room for it and it only has 13 statues from 2011. That is 4 years ago. That just shows the lack of consistency.

- KoHo
Old 01-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
maybe iron man should be every other month or something. every 4 months.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
maybe iron man should be every other month or something. every 4 months.
No reason why it couldn't be hosted monthly. A month is a long time.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
It's not meant to be hosted monthly. Iron man is a 3-4 time a year thing if you ask me. A lot of preparation goes into each one; figuring out prizes, times in which are best to host it, players, and staff. Also, we don't want to burn everyone out on them and make them "just one more thing we host monthly." We want each one of these events to be monumental and exciting, something you can't wait to get to, and talk about once it's passed.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeySprinkles View Post
It's not meant to be hosted monthly. Iron man is a 3-4 time a year thing if you ask me. A lot of preparation goes into each one; figuring out prizes, times in which are best to host it, players, and staff. Also, we don't want to burn everyone out on them and make them "just one more thing we host monthly." We want each one of these events to be monumental and exciting, something you can't wait to get to, and talk about once it's passed.
Iron man was created to be a monthly based event. Events are all the same. Why not make it easier and just create a prize that you can use each time it's hosted so no thinking is required. Things like Iron Man should be simplified to spend more time on other important things while the event is still being hosted on a regular basis.

Iron man is the only big event we have on era now. When it's not hosted we have nothing else since we don't get the spar tournament or the 2v2 tournament anymore. I mean, it's fine if you want to host it every other month but it would be nice to have events in there to fill those gaps.

I don't believe for a moment players are thinking and looking forward to playing iron man, the hype on era is just not there no more. I think the atmosphere has kind of died over the years. You have the right intentions with the keeping them waiting for when it's hosted but i'm not sure people really think like that anymore.

It would be nice to get other big events hosted again in the gaps that iron man isn't hosted. Can we achieve that?
Old 01-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
I don't believe for a moment players are thinking and looking forward to playing iron man, the hype on era is just not there no more. I think the atmosphere has kind of died over the years. You have the right intentions with the keeping them waiting for when it's hosted but i'm not sure people really think like that anymore.
Eh, I'm not so sure. I mean, the top tier players weren't as excited but the players in general were, we hit 40 people in a TTS (which I won in an amazing upset in a 1v5 to secure my first spot in the final 10 for Iron Man)

I mean, I was very hyped but sadly the highlight of my Iron Man win was really that TTS and how I achieved the position to even be in the top 10.

I was super excited, as were a lot of others and I feel like I created more hype by trash talking for a solid week before it was hosted saying I was going to win (which I did)

It was just hosted poorly and hosted at a bad time so I was one of the only top tier along with Dusk and arguably Storm at the time, so it was a pretty easy win once I secured my spot.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Eh, I'm not so sure. I mean, the top tier players weren't as excited but the players in general were, we hit 40 people in a TTS (which I won in an amazing upset in a 1v5 to secure my first spot in the final 10 for Iron Man)
Maybe that's just how I feel then. I wouldn't imagine weaker players being excited to play it knowing they're not ever going to win it anyway when they have people like us participating in them. Yet again though, it is Iron man it is only for the best players.

Only the best players are suppose to win.

So for that reason I purpose an idea that gives Iron Man more logical sense that will also help benefit the gang system and also crease sparing activity.

-Top Gang Players (List of 5 players)
- /sparstats (List of 10 players. You could take the top 5 or even use the 10)

Announce Iron Man will be hosted that week.

These guys will be highly active that week otherwise they wouldn't be on top of the leaderboards. They if not all will make the event. This means you don't have to worry about not enough people turning up. The winner that emerges out of that list would logically be the real Iron Man and not some kid winning randomly in last man standing at the end who probably didn't lift their gun all week.

This spikes raiding and sparing activity as people will want to participate in the Iron Man if you say people are excited and hyped to play it.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:58 AM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
So for that reason I purpose an idea that gives Iron Man more logical sense that will also help benefit the gang system and also crease sparing activity.

-Top Gang Players (List of 5 players)
- /sparstats (List of 10 players. You could take the top 5 or even use the 10)

Announce Iron Man will be hosted that week.
I like this idea, but maybe for a separate event. Iron man is what it is, why replace it?

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 01-11-2015, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xloria View Post
I like this idea, but maybe for a separate event. Iron man is what it is, why replace it?
Iron man was never what it is now. Will Soul created the Iron Man event and it was all player killing based only to be hosted on a monthly basis. It died, i brought it back to life and even created the statue room. It was never meant to be what it is now with luck based events in it and hosted the way it is.

On that logic "it is what it is" that's a silly statement. Gang system it what it is, why change it? To improve it. That is why you change things. Anything can be changed for the better.

"Iron Man" Does the name not give it away. It was a player killing event. Let's move it in that direction and improve it if it's going to be "every 4 month event".

We can still do them other events in other event ideas.

So we will have as follows:

"Iron Man" - Player killing event made up of the top 5 of "Top Gang Members"/"Top 10 sparrers" Host it every 2-3 months. (I see no reason why not monthly)

"Wacky Races" - Let's have a special event for the people who love to race and reward them for winning it etc. Build them a statue room, reward them accordingly.

"Spar Tournament" - Let's bring the spar tournament back to life. We all enjoyed this event very much.

"2v2 Spar Tournament" - People enjoyed taking part in this one just as much as the solo spar tournament.

These are only four events which of 3 that isn't hosted and Iron Man being hosted a lot less often. These events would be appreciated by the players and would spark a bit of life back into era. This is what i believe the ETA should be trying to do. Managing a team is only a part of it.