Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
GC's Idea for Gangs/Parties

Geovanni -Cadet- (GP) (Sun Oct 26 12:53:45 2008):
As of right now gangs are once again dead…
Surprise, surprise right?

Well instead of making yet another new gang in which none seem to ever succeed, we were thinking about removing gangs all together and just change the party system. I know what you're thinking, but before you freak out, please READ on…

We could take out the word "party" from the party tags so everyone can basically make their own gang with their friends and also make all the old gang bases into claimable bases to take over just like EM which seems to be raided more than any gang at the moment. The benefits for taking over a gang could be simply party points for the scoreboard, control of the base and doors, access to the gun shop of that building in which the gang gun ammo will be (instead of it being Uzi or Ak ammo, it'd go back to it's own ammo but you wouldn't have to stock it). This would promote raiding and you can put the gang gun in a non-PK zone so there is no stealing of money. Also with the points you obtain taking over the bases and PKing, you could use them to obtain more slots for more members to the party with a maximum of 15. Also, if the Gang Admin feels that the party has been active long enough, has enough points and feels they will be sticking around, the members of that party may have a non-droppable gang hat uploaded for them, though all the work must be done by that party and be of good quality. If the party goes inactive the items would be removed.

To create a party you must have "x" amount of cash on you. When you create the party it will automatically take it off your account and create the party. By the end of the day if you wish to keep your party you need at least (3-5?) members, otherwise it will be destroyed. The member limit wil be 7 until you obtain enough points to have more (limit being 15.) You need at least "x" amount of points a week to keep your party. Since we only wish to keep you active, the number will be kept low enough for even the "noobs" to keep their gang. We aren't here to restrict the non-PKers from having a gang of their own with their friends, only to make sure they are keeping the gang active.

If this system fails, we can easily turn it back to the old gang system…It's just a question of do you want to try this? I mean, I even see high ranking gang members roaming around Era with party tags raiding EM and such. Do people even really enjoy gangs anymore? I know I haven't for a looooong time.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I think that it would work out pretty well.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-26-2008, 07:42 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I think that it would work out pretty well.
So do I :]
Old 10-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
I like it very much, very good idea
Old 10-26-2008, 10:10 PM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
I like the general idea. I think it needs more thought in some areas though.
I think there should be a lot more upgrades for gangs to spend their points on, not just member slots. Anything from base upgrades to vehicles to special hats and weapons.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Freudian_slip is an unknown quantity at this point
Uh, gangs aren't going to have a perm base of their own, why would they "upgrade" the base? lol

Also I mentioned hats in here.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:21 PM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
They were just examples. My point was you need lots of different goals for the gang to achieve and unlock....
Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Geovani Cassini <3

he's like...the best/oldest/wiser player of Era?x_X
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
Quote:
Originally Posted by natchez416 View Post
They were just examples. My point was you need lots of different goals for the gang to achieve and unlock....
They wouldn't really be gangs, lol.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotoo2 View Post
They wouldn't really be gangs, lol.
Define a gang you spirit crusher.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
Define a gang you spirit crusher.
Maybe I will when Meditech becomes a business.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Freudian_slip is an unknown quantity at this point
This idea is mainly just a pre-reset idea for them to use until the theme gangs are released after the reset.

I think it'd be fun to use this party system and you wouldn't have to worry about gang leaders constantly going inactive. And well, there will always be those partys that people want to join and would give blow jobs to join (like Leute)....Just because they haev the ability to make their own party/gang/whatever, doesn't mean they won't beg their ass off to join one of the best.