Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned
Antago is on a distinguished road
Graal2001 graphics and illegal software!

So, a lot of the graphics I had designed for Graal2001 were done illegally using unlicensed software. I decided to purchase the same version of the software (I think it's the same version. PSP7.0 or something) which is very outdated, and I bought two of it just to try to make ammends for my crime.

Now, all the bomy-bopot graphics I had made I think did use that illegal software. Would it be wrong to continue to use these graphics? If so, Graal2001 has illegitimate graphics. Otherwise, if I have righted a wrong (corrected a mistake), then that could not only help explain the seeming grand success of this server now, but it can also put me personally at ease knowing I have done the right thing. Moreover, it may put the software owners at ease knowing that they got their money's worth.

In fact, I am even choosing to not use the software CDs, so they have received money from me without my use of the software. Perhaps they would prefer I use the software, as I doubt they designed it to be not used...but I am trying to fix this debacle. Perhaps I already have.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:55 PM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Oi, I knew this would be coming eventually.

If you want my honest opinion, Antago, on a cosmic scale I think the universe won't condemn you for pirated software that you bought and then some.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Just pretend you used free software like everybody else
Old 02-25-2006, 07:20 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Consider it a "trial" period.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix2
Consider it a "trial" period.
It would neither be realistic nor healthy for me to pursue delusions.

Thank you Griffyn. I am concenred about my karma, though. I saw a woman on T.V. today carrying the head of the husband she killed around. Eventually she decided she wanted to throw it over the Golden gate bridge, but the police found her.

I don't want to be the woman who carries her husband's head around...nor do I think anyone else wants to carry this head around. So, I choose to continue to take it seriously. For the record though her husband abused her and she carried the head to prove to herself that she did it for her safety, not out of fear. So, I am wondering if this movie is a sign to me (did I use stolen software for my safety and health, to express myself? And, so, it is not criminal, nor is it criminal to carry the head around/the graphics because honestly it's about the art and well-being, not about a sickness).

I know it might sound strange to some of you, but I support her. I think that if she killed someone who treated her so badly, and she wanted to carry the head around to show that she loved him and had compassion for him but that the abuse was what she didn't want, it's a courageous thing to do and also will benefit her ultimately to have proved that much
Old 02-25-2006, 07:40 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Once when I was like 6 or 6 I caught my first fish. After fishing was over, the fish was long dead. I brought it home and cut it up with a butterknife as a 'disection'. I still feel bad.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antago
I am concenred about my karma
Being atheistic is awesome, I suppose.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antago
Thank you Griffyn. I am concenred about my karma, though. I saw a woman on T.V. today carrying the head of the husband she killed around. Eventually she decided she wanted to throw it over the Golden gate bridge, but the police found her.

I don't want to be the woman who carries her husband's head around...nor do I think anyone else wants to carry this head around. So, I choose to continue to take it seriously. For the record though her husband abused her and she carried the head to prove to herself that she did it for her safety, not out of fear. So, I am wondering if this movie is a sign to me (did I use stolen software for my safety and health, to express myself? And, so, it is not criminal, nor is it criminal to carry the head around/the graphics because honestly it's about the art and well-being, not about a sickness).

I know it might sound strange to some of you, but I support her. I think that if she killed someone who treated her so badly, and she wanted to carry the head around to show that she loved him and had compassion for him but that the abuse was what she didn't want, it's a courageous thing to do and also will benefit her ultimately to have proved that much
I don't think making some graphics using pirated software is quite the same as murdering your spouse and carrying their head around.

Maybe I'm mistaken though.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Haha, this thread is awesome.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:13 PM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
what.the.****.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:16 PM
I am the trap
Shiftk03- will become famous soon enough
"It would neither be realistic nor healthy for me to pursue delusions."

Yet the boy believes he is telepathic.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:24 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Maybe I should buy some tuna and not open the cans... hmm...
Old 02-25-2006, 09:39 PM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
Maybe I should buy some tuna and not open the cans... hmm...
Surely that would appease the fishy souls of the slaughtered tuna, to simply go to waste.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned
I am surprised that so many of you can speak on such profoundly deep levels. I am also delighted, so thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
I don't think making some graphics using pirated software is quite the same as murdering your spouse and carrying their head around.

Maybe I'm mistaken though.
No but the situation is not entirely secluded from principles. For instance, is it okay to carry a piece of a crime if the crime itself is justified? Can the crime be justified? The answer is yes.
Closed Thread