Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Hello and Goodbyes
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 01:15 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Bye-Skill

There really aren't any fun servers on Graal anymore and I'm tired of everyone's hard work being ripped without permission for the iphone/facebook servers without Stefan paying a dime or even giving credit, so I decided to quit Graal. I might check in occasionally to see if Graal ever improves. It seems Stefan doesn't really care but the players and only about the revenue generated from them. you can contact me at [email protected]. Anyways, I'm off to go learn java development, maybe play some Vindictus and LoL, and obviously life XD. well cya ppl

Last edited by Darlene159; 07-14-2011 at 03:49 AM.. Reason: Removed advertising of illegal stuff
Old 07-14-2011, 01:18 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Bye,

Inb4delete

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:24 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
There really aren't any fun servers on Graal anymore
Quote:
I'm tired of everyone's hard work being ripped without permission
Quote:
Censored by Darlene

Last edited by ffcmike; 07-14-2011 at 11:32 PM..
Old 07-14-2011, 01:34 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
It's okay because they're not making any money! /s

Quiting with dignity was not in this guy's game plan, he just had to make it about the "injustices" he was exposed to on Graal.

ok bye.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:28 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
cya skill, dumb reason but it was good knowing you

Old 07-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Banned
ThomV is an unknown quantity at this point
@fowlplay4

While I do agree with you to a certain extent, the reasons Skill pointed out are based off common sense.

Though it is very easy to get sucked into the negative crowd focussing on all of Graal's obvious flaws and cracks which lie at it's very foundation (believe me, I've been there). I've learned to realize on the other hand how much opportunity and possibility we are offered as learning developers. Focussing on this makes occupying your time on Graal that much more enjoyable and relaxing without being attached to any goal one may have about making the best server Graal has ever seen. Though not impossible, you will face alot of adversity while pursueing it, perhaps even more than you would when developing your own game from scratch.

So, yes, I agree with both of you. Though it's very easy to overlook the fact that this game is made and being maintained by one person(excluding unixmad), without a professional team behind him. And that by itself is very impressive. The only thing I question is Stefan's realization on the responsibility he has in order to maintain the product in a healthy manner. I may not agree with most of Stefan's decisions for Graal. But who am I to judge him? I'm sure he's doing a better job than most of us ever could.

Oh and Skill, we may not like each other but I wish you good luck on your future endeavours. I hope you've had any benefit during your time developing here, I'm sure most of us have or will when look back on it.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
Wow, your words :O
Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
ripped without permission
What are you talking about? You give them permission the second you upload something to RC.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Gonna be red repped for this, but good riddance!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Banned
blader2007_p2p is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Gonna be red repped for this, but good riddance!
Lmao you went from red to green.