Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 08:11 AM
The411 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Suggestions/Things that should be fixed imo.

Hello,

I haven't been on these forums in a while, and since the unofficial forums are gone now, I thought i'd start posting here.

Anyways, since i've come back on Era, i've seen a few things that need some fixing and quite possibly some suggestions I could offer.

Things that I think need to be fixed (small glitches)

Los Carteles levels.

1. era_cartel-elevator.nw The elevator needs to be hooked up with the sewers once agian.

2. era_tunnel3.nw The sewers of LC have a glitch. If you run to the left of those sewers you end up on some black level "era_sewersa_07-aa.nw"

3. If you drink a sewer elixer (Say you have 190HP/140HP) and then you rest in a bed, it reverses it back to 140HP. (EC wasted?!?!)

I haven't found many other small errors, but i'm sure there are more.

Anyways, I have a couple suggestions that may be good for Era.

1. Make it so that when you drop a revive on someone their 'hospital timer' resets. My reason for this is because I'm tired of dropping an expresso or a giant medpack on someone, and as they are about to click 'accept' on the revive, they get warped to the hospital. (you could possibly make the player non blocking after you drop a revive on them so that they aren't blocking anymore if that's possible)

2. Make Cappuccino's be expired in "x" number of steps. Instead of "time" that way, I don't sit in the hospital healing or at unstick me wasting my cappuccino.

3. (If two is rejected as an option) Then add a timer on your gui that shows when your cappuccino or java or latte is about to expire and end. That way a player doesn't spar half way or is in the middle of PK when the effects expire.

4. A '/cleareffect' command needs to be reinstated into Era's commands. It was there before, but it was removed. (This command takes the Java/Capp/Latte effects off you) That way you can clear effect after a few spars, and cap a new one, that way it doesn't run out during the spar.

I probably have a few more ideas, but that's what I have.

Feedback/Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Maverick

Last edited by The411; 04-28-2009 at 08:42 PM..
Old 04-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Sounds good to me
Old 04-28-2009, 06:37 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like some good suggestions, but I can help in one way. When I get on player tonight could you pm me, I'll take a look at the problem.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Only thing I don't agree with is the hospital time reset.

I don't like what revs have done in general to Era. It was better when you died you instantly got warped to the hospital. If people can reset the timer, that'll just make it that much harder to send someone to the hospital.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by The411 View Post
1. era_cartel-elevator.nw The elevator needs to be hooked up with the sewers once agian.

2. era_tunnel3.nw The sewers of LC have a glitch. If you run to the left of those sewers you end up on some black level "era_sewersa_07-aa.nw"

3. If you drink a sewer elixer (Say you have 190HP/140HP) and then you rest in a bed, it reverses it back to 140HP. (EC wasted?!?!)
I'll fix these later tonight.
Quote:
1. Make it so that when you drop a revive on someone their 'hospital timer' resets. My reason for this is because I'm tired of dropping an expresso or a giant medpack on someone, and as they are about to click 'accept' on the revive, they get warped to the hospital. (you could possibly make the player non blocking after you drop a revive on them so that they aren't blocking anymore if that's possible)
I don't like this idea, "reviving" a dead person is already a bad idea. Only reason it's still around is because players seem to like it.
Quote:
2. Make Cappuccino's be expired in "x" number of steps. Instead of "time" that way, I don't sit in the hospital healing or at unstick me wasting my cappuccino.
If this was done, you'd probably get less steps than you would assuming you had the full time. I'll see what some people think and maybe do this.
Quote:
3. (If two is rejected as an option) Then add a timer on your gui that shows when your cappuccino or java or latte is about to expire and end. That way a player doesn't spar half way or is in the middle of PK when the effects expire.
Good idea.

Quote:
4. A '/cleareffect' command needs to be reinstated into Era's commands. It was there before, but it was removed. (This command takes the Java/Capp/Latte effects off you) That way you can clear effect after a few spars, and cap a new one, that way it doesn't run out during the spar.
Not a horrible idea.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 PM
The411 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I don't like this idea, "reviving" a dead person is already a bad idea. Only reason it's still around is because players seem to like it.
Is there a chance of you at least returning the medpack/expresso back to the person who dropped it then?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:35 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The411 View Post
Is there a chance of you at least returning the medpack/expresso back to the person who dropped it then?
I don't think that's really a good idea, but I guess I can see how others feel.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I really like these ideas and hope to be implanted
Old 04-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Obviously people don't want to walk back from the hospital, but I suspect it's something else.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that if you get revived, it doesn't count a death.

I think that's pretty pathetic. You died, it should count. Where it wouldn't be fair is getting revived and then killed right after. Then you'd get 2 deaths for essentially the price of one...you could make a short window of time (perhaps the time while they're slowed) make a death not count.

The way Era's set up right now stats mean even less than they ever have. Stats never really proved anything, but it's hilarious how half the server has ridiculous K/D ratios. 3.0+ or more.

You'd separate the skilled from the unskilled if deaths counted right when you died, and if all deaths in events counted. But my, I've wandered off on a tangent...
Old 04-29-2009, 12:18 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPython View Post
Obviously people don't want to walk back from the hospital, but I suspect it's something else.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that if you get revived, it doesn't count a death.

I think that's pretty pathetic. You died, it should count. Where it wouldn't be fair is getting revived and then killed right after. Then you'd get 2 deaths for essentially the price of one...you could make a short window of time (perhaps the time while they're slowed) make a death not count.

The way Era's set up right now stats mean even less than they ever have. Stats never really proved anything, but it's hilarious how half the server has ridiculous K/D ratios. 3.0+ or more.

You'd separate the skilled from the unskilled if deaths counted right when you died, and if all deaths in events counted. But my, I've wandered off on a tangent...
Excellent idea, I'll fix this later.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
If its going to count as a death right when a player dies, They should get more health and faster running, because people can farm kills way to easy then, I know new players when revived will click accept without thinking and just keep getting killed over and over

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:27 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
If its going to count as a death right when a player dies, They should get more health and faster running, because people can farm kills way to easy then, I know new players when revived will click accept without thinking and just keep getting killed over and over
Perhaps a limit on the number of times you can be revived per hour, or even once per five (or ten) minutes. That seems a bit extreme, though.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post

Every time you kill someone you've revived, the kill always counts. The death doesn't. If someone wanted to farm kills, they can already do so. In fact, there's more incentive for two people to farm kills now, because their counterpart doesn't gain any deaths in the process.

However, there's a few things:
A) It's slow.
B) Revs cost money, it's not like it's free kills.
C) Free kills don't aid a player in any real way. Anytime someone who farms/lames kills gets in a real fight, you always find out who's skilled/less skilled.

There's a lot of ways you could combat that kill farming though. Note when I'm writing these down, I'm just brainstorming as I type them out, so they definitely would need to be tested/balanced, just focus on the concept.

1) Hidden timer that activates after you kill another player's account. For the next 20ish seconds, if you kill that player, it doesn't count (perhaps the death shouldn't count too), and the timer refreshes. After 20 seconds, everything becomes normal again.

2) Hidden timer on revives. Nothing huge, but let's say if someone's tried to revive you in the past minute or two, you can't be revived again. I think that kind of a system would be great for Era in general, it'd make people think more during gang raids beyond "i'll charge doesnt matter i can get rev'd again anyways". It'd slow down the chain revs and make gang warfare more interesting/tactical.

3) Chris' idea about the # of revives per hour would also be interesting, but might get annoying during raids. Definitely would have to be tested for a while.

Those are just a few ideas. It wouldn't be difficult at all to find a way to balance out revs while making deaths actually count like they should.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
If revs were limited food buisness could probably sell them again? Since its not really making a difference

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Since PPA weapons are now undroppable, why not make them weightless? I don't want to have my speed altered because I can't drop them off at my locker.