View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Same here, although not as much as trials recieve today. Point is that quite a few have quit, and never returned because of the way they were treated, and nothing was done. Shouldn't be that way. I have seen staff tell trials to "toughen up and learn to take it, or you might as well quit"
This isn't the way to treat potential paying customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKxTortoise View Post
Moon Goddess's apparent point on babying the trials is ridiculous in that it by definition expects paying customers - that is, those who already have paid accounts - to cater to non-paying customers.

Do you not see how outrageous a claim this is?

I don't pay to play a game where I get to coddle new kids and show them the ropes. If that's your idea of fun, fine, but it's a bad idea to impose it on people who paid their 20 bucks to brutalize those around them.
I completely agree with Moon Goddess, but you seem to have got general courtesy confused with "babysitting". I have seen trial players asking for help, to receive a "Press Alt + F4 to ___", infact I've even seen it from the FAQ Administrator of Classic. Sure, one could argue that these said people should know that Alt and F4 is a universal shortcut for closing a program, but the fact remains that someone was asking for help and rather then giving it, a hellofalot of people just mock them.

It would be ideal if players treated Trial account players with the same respect as Classic, Gold or VIP accounts, but they're not and probably never will be. However, people have no reason not to help the new guy out a bit, it goes a long way.