View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Question regarding GDT (Global Development Team)

I've been wondering this for quite some time now. Are GDTs actually hire-able? The reason I ask this is become when I first heard about GDT, I figured that you could hire them for development on your server. But then later I read their job description (I think it was on an application) and figured "Oh, theyre just pretty much off-forum help." Figuring that all they do is answer potential questions regarding, say, scripting. Or say, just helping to fix a few script errors here and there. Not actually for the development of something from scratch. I hate to say I'm a bit-.. Actually, terribly confused on what exactly their job really is. Like how involved with development do they actually get?

On a semi-related note: I'm pretty much refusing to hire players unless we get a better backup method. All these stories I've heard about such as: newly hired scripters being able to take over servers through abuse of something like a level editor weapon (to somehow alter rights) have me quite a bit too paranoid to hire anyone that does not have a symbol of their trustworthiness (the GDT tag being a related example).