Thread: more levels
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 PM
littlekinky has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Not my favorite level you've put out. I personally like your other ones better.
I usually go over these things when I make my levels, so here's for you.

General:
The main level (and tile selection) looks like Dairy Hut redo, and I can't seem to find where the two levels would link together.

Imagery:
You used the gumball machine image 4 times; why? There are a few different picture frames that you can put around those photos, they look blended and just random on the wall in that fashion (a few could be better centered). Also the sign in the main level; a few pixels overlap the 'pillar' and outline because it is squished in there.
And I'm sure you can find more than 3 things to throw onto those tables.

Tiling:
There are many 'cornered' corners (the zig-zag style, if you will) that could be changed to regular corners, you're kind-of over doing it with them. Looks a bit crazy; especially in the main level.
The floors are played out, its just the generic 'outline everything then rightclick some tiles in'. Throw down some sweet patterns.

Perspective:
I see three perspectives going on here; the outline, the tables/chairs, and then the flooring. It just looks off to me.

Functionality:
There is none, to replace business levels it would require many more things to be added.
Even if that isn't the intent, I suggest laying down the images (intercom, donuts, stockerboxthing) in the foundation so you know the functionality of the level and someone can easily see 'Ok, this does this... and this goes there...'.

You can surely do better. Try taking some of these ideas/comments, and finish up the rest of the shop!
I think you need to calm the **** down rofl, its just messing around and the way you talk its like you created the whole *levelling*