View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
This isn't necessarily true, one of the main reasons Classic uses the original tileset isn't to keep older players happy but due to the fact it's a lot more appropriate for the adventure style feel we want to create in attracting new players.
From what I've gathered so far some new players do like the original tileset and even without knowing that it is the original.

It is however a matter of opinion over something which doesn't directly affect gameplay. Again from what I've gathered it tends to be when newer players start thinking from a development perspective where they express dislike of it for reasons such as being too plain etc.

You would however ideally want something which is both appropriate for the type of server you're trying to create, but also stands out and can be visibly identified as "Npulse's tileset".
That works for Classic though. Classic has always used the default pics1 tileset, where as N-Pulse has been using the EoA tileset since around 2002, so those tiles have become a staple of N-Pulse and what has helped set it apart from the other servers.

When you guys are thinking up ideas for the direction you would like to see N-Pulse go, keep in mind that we have 4 unreleased tilesets sitting here as well that I would hate to see go to waste.