View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 04:36 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
i personally like getting to the end-game of a server because then i can (read: should) get into what really matters - sparring, PKing, collecting, and general competition such as events or guild-related events - which never happen because no server seems to wish to have global guild supported events

classic-style servers are "going-down" because the guilds, and subsequently the players in those guilds, don't matter anymore. it's not prestigious to be in one guild instead of another because there is nothing for a guild to do except talk amongst each other, and maybe spar another guild (though that typically just turns into picking captains and including everyone watching into the spars)

if graal is based off an action-adventure game turned MMO, then the obvious answer would be to pit a group of players against another group. i think the answer is to add some guild-related support to spice things up from the common mario-party style events. it would be ideal to have a system where guilds could war one another in a controlled atmosphere: give each member of the guild a set number of lives, put them in a maze-like area, scatter some healing-NPCs and add a goal - something to destroy of the other teams, and let them fight it out. either one guild kills everyone else or they destroy the other teams symbol

i think it would be fun, and it would be a reason to get members of my family and guild on so we could compete against other guilds instead of having them spread out on era and zodiac because "UN is dead" or "NP is dead"