View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 09:34 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I've never compiled it not on Linux, so you should be fine. It worked for me with my distribution's packages for the dependencies. Let me know how it works out for you.
Additionally, if you're downstream from Debian (or at least Ubuntu), these instructions from Jer still work:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
How to Download, Compile and Run Gonstruct in Ubuntu
(Tested on Ubuntu 11.04 but it should work for older versions as well)

Before you start:

1. Enable the Universe Repository (if it isn't already):
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu

2. Open a Terminal and Run:
sudo apt-get update

Now that you've enabled the universe repository and updated your sources:

1. Open a Terminal

2. Install Git:
sudo apt-get install git

If you get an error saying the package is obsolete or not found try the following instead:
sudo apt-get install git-core

3. Clone the Git repository locally:
git clone git://github.com/fry/graal-gonstruct.git

4. Change to the Git Repository folder:
cd graal-gonstruct

Terminal Tip! If you press TAB it will auto-complete filenames or directories for you. If you type: cd gr and then press TAB it should auto-complete it to: cd graal-gonstruct

5. Git Checkout Gonstruct:
git checkout

6. Install Gonstruct's dependencies:
sudo apt-get install libglew1.5-dev libgtkmm-2.4-dev libgtksourceview2.0-dev libgtkgl2.0-dev libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev ruby cmake

7. Generate the makefiles:
cmake .

8. Run the makefile:
make

9. Run Gonstruct:
src/level_editor/gonstruct

Upon running Gonstruct you'll be prompted to configure Gonstruct and after configuring you'll see the main Gonstruct window.

The Gonstruct binary/executable is located in ~/graal-gonstruct/src/level_editor/gonstruct so you can just create a link to it or copy it to wherever you want to run it from.

If you encounter an error please copy and paste the message you received in the terminal, and the output of cmake as well.

Last edited by cbk1994; 07-02-2012 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: checking out latest version instead of 0.2.3