View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
This clarifies the purpose of the Hosted Tab, but this does not clarify my question to the extent that I had hoped.

Lets assume there is a server which:

• Has already spent a considerable amount of time on the PlayerWorlds tab previously.

• Has a significant known anticipation among the player base.

• Had agreed with the PWA Admin of the time, at the point of deciding to redevelop, that upon completion of its plans will be able to go straight back onto the PlayerWorlds tab.

• Is delaying such a promotion, until the level of completion has reached such a point where it is felt that not only will the server will pass the minimum requirements for merely reaching the PlayerWorlds tab, but be capable of sustaining a playercount long term.

• The development team feels a spell on the Hosted tab would act as a hindrance to the potential success following a promotion to the PlayerWorlds tab.

Therefore I ask whether it is necessary for such a server as assumed, or similar, to complete a spell on the Hosted tab prior to a promotion to the PlayerWorlds tab?
Because we are using the Hosted Tab as an indicator of what we could expect on the Classic tab.

Regardless if they meet Classic requirements, they are required to go through a stint on the Hosted tab. The longevity is dependent on what the PWA deems sufficient to make a conclusion based on what we have observed.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill