View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
5th gen oldbie maybe?

1st gen = remembers pre p2p, when all was free (javagraal+graalv1 era) 1998-2000
2nd gen = remembers when it was free but had p2p servers (v2 era) 2001-2002
3rd gen = remembers when all went p2p and introduction of v3 linux and mac client (v2.3-4 era) 2003-2005
4th gen = remembers when observer mode was added (v5 era) 2006-2008
5th gen = Graal###### acc era 2009+

I might be wrong about the years.

EDIT:
iPhone players that started playing when iClassic came out are calling themselves oldbies now. DO YOU FEEL OLD YET?
I played in 1999 and there were definitely legions of oldbies and newbies even in those days, of course. I mean not only can everyone who played Elven Lands call themselves an oldbie, but ironically our demeanor on the server would have spoken different. That server would make these iphone creeps **** their pants, they couldn't handle something that hardcore. Pure Graal. I would also like to state my opinion now about the decline of Graal. I believe that P2P did not cause the decline but rather clearly started a golden age of possibility. I truly believe that Unholy Nation is the worst server in the history of playerworlds, and is the true haven or melting pot of corruption on the minds of Graal's players, who subsequently become Graal's developers. Very similar to what Sony Playstation did to the console gaming community. This is a personal view but I'm sure some of you will understand my 'shovelware haven' analogy.

I also think Graal would be wise to produce one or two fresh first party developed servers. This would rejuvenate the player population across the board in a very similar way that a new Mario Kart or Zelda game would hype the Nintendo console game market up again.