View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
They didn't abuse, need to add some detection of cover-image update maybe. Right now it's adding each message, image post etc. as something which is shown in the news. But cover image update doesn't happen that often. It's not the fault of the one who updated the page.
Cover image update I can understand being out of their control, but if I open Graal right now, here's what I see (in order of appearance):
  • Friday, August 30: Unholy Nation, "Double EP Weekend"
  • Friday, August 30: Unholy Nation, "Double EP Weekend"
  • Wednesday, August 28: Unholy Nation cover photo update. Completely out of their hands in terms of showing in-game or not, no big deal. Perhaps something could be programmed on your end Stefan to avoid parsing these though?
  • Wednesday, August 28: Unholy Nation new cover photo with a "<3" text along with it.
  • Wednesday, August 28: Unholy Nation, "Double EP Weekend"
  • Wednesday, August 28: Unholy Nation, "Double EP Weekend" with an advertise asking for players to come join them for events!
  • Tuesday, August 27: Graal Kingdoms announcing a new event to take place.
  • Monday, August 26: Graal Kingdoms announcing a rather significant update to something that's a substantial part of their actual gameplay.
  • Monday, August 26: Unholy Nation announcing an update.

So let's see... in those TWO days, both Unholy Nation and Graal Kingdoms announced an upcoming event and a content update. On top of that, Unholy Nation "reminded" people twice of their event, while also "spamming" something no one really cares about with their heart post.

I'm not trying to run an anti-Unholy Nation campaign here, but it would be nice if servers could take into consideration that their Facebook updates show up ingame now, and therefor limit them to actual upcoming event and new update announcements (without reminding us about the event 3 times in 2 days, there's not enough news posts from servers in total for there to be a need for it to begin with).

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto