Thread: Clutter
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
I'm more concerned about the sub forums in here at the top, they are awful.

A main forum should be the only thing in it, perhaps with 1 announcement and 1 hello and goodbye (Edit: a birthday), but that is all. Do we really need:
- the ability for players to post in a server maintenance section (when they can't do any server maintenance)
- job forums with applications for positions that aren't hirring
- 6 sticky posts (I in particular disagree with the "Notice to all moderators" post, a message visible to all but relevant to so few)

I would really like to see the forums reorganised so relevant sections are grouped together, and a better use of sub-forums, so we don't see everything that exists on 2 pages!

Some useful suggestions:
- There is a way to force the rules on users as the first screen they view before they register / after they login, and after any updates. Doing this would take away the need for a forum section (it could also be linked to from the top of the forum navigation) - and if felt necessary, perhaps every month or a suitable timeperiod, the rules could be reforced upon users to agree to.
- All the job forums shouldn't be visibile, should have to click "job forum" first. Perhaps move this to the front page somewhere
- Graal v5 and Graal 3D could be grouped together under some sort of "Future development of Graal" category, with all GV5 forums a subforum of a main Gv5 forum (so we only see one instead of 4 on the homepage)
-Tech support and future improvements should be removed from the development category and given some sort of category to themselves "Support and Feedback" or so (just for coherence sake)
- NPC scripting should be moved higher up the order ranks (maybe level, graphics, npc scripting, gani, sound, videos)
- Maybe remove "Playerworld Related Information" forum. It was my invention but never really got filled with enough information to justify it remaining to this day. A sticky post could link to relevant threads (and probably would create more attention)
- Perhaps move the playerworld job creation into playerworld forum as a sub forum

and that's all I can think of, as I don't view other forum sections to be able to comment!