View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 10:38 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
why are you making a level editor for Graal? What's wrong with the default or Gonstruct?
Gonstruct doesn't support mac by defauly. You have to do some heavy tweaking to maybe get it working. I've yet to see anyone prove it is possible on mac but several people have maid claims. The best way I've used the level editor on mac is parallels which allows for a virtual os within mac while you can still access your mac files and vise versa but it feels akward and uses resources. To further make things ucky u get this problem resizing the windows makes the level editor not work at all anymore as everything turns gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
No copyright is involved considering nw files are essentially normal text files that are parsed by the Graal engine to display levels. I dare say you could even mimic the nw format and use it for a different game and it still wouldn't breach copyright.
You would be surprised alot of the stuff in graal format comes from torque. Such as level width and height is recommended in torque2d. I don't know if I would go to the full extend of using GLEVNW01 and BOARD ect for it but I don't think it's a problem to have an editor that can read other formats.