Thread: My Era Ideas
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Actually, the way Andy and Sales were planning on releasing the new server there would be even worse problems with the economy. They were proposing that they release all of the new systems at once, sort of like a surprise attack. The chances of there being several economic exploits in a massive release of new system is so high it's almost guaranteed. These plans have been put to rest now though. Instead, new releases will be added before the reset so we have time to test them & patch any security exploitations prior to the reset.
Yeah, I understand, I wasn't suggesting releasing them all at once after the reset, that was just my list of what needs to be done before we reset. I think we should release stuff one at a time before the reset to do bug-control and then reset when everything is finished.

As for other people, lets see:
Squirt: I was unaware about BB switching hands, and being one of the best gangs right now doesn't make LC a good gang. I really think the new BB owner should be given a shot as well as gnome with BH, but a new leader for every gang should be lined up and ready to take the spot soon if needed. And my idea with GRC is, like Gab said, to make it more like Speedy Pizza, or give it a real owner. At least put some sort of use to it, otherwise you might as well just make an infinite stock of coffees and call it a day.

Aldaris: Businesses are a HUGE part of Era. Removing them is out of the question. What isn't out of the question is severely changing them. The ideas that have come up that I liked a lot/sort of altered was the idea of "reputation" in a business that decides your position or having things converted back to the small biz system, and change that to include food businesses. With the small biz system, the largest businesses with the "set prices" that the rest would have to compete with would be npc owned and make the largest portion of the money, however once they go out of stock, they're out of stock for like a month at a time, giving the small bizes a chance to pick up the pace and make their own money. Removing them entirely isn't a good idea.

Gab: I like the gang gun idea, it's been sort of mentioned before, but that's not a bad explanation. With the whole buying low-selling high thing, that's just economics with supply and demand and scarcity, that can't be fixed in the real world yet alone on Era.

Edit: I forgot to say something about Amber. Someone else said it quite nicely though. If she's inactive, she shouldn't own the business regardless of whether or not she has an active co-owner.

Last edited by Spikedude; 01-02-2009 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: addition