View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
You won't make returns on an ASIC miner, I guarantee it. The difficulty is rising far too fast.
Well, it all depends on the price you pay for the miner to be honest. I have seen 1.5k for a 60 GH/s miner and I'm sure that can make it's money back. Tho butterfly labs is about to release 300/600 PCIE cards for about those prices. Now bitcoin announced in 2017 they will go from 25 BTC rewards to 12.5 BTC for mining. And every 4 years half itself until aprox 21,000,000 BTC are in existence. Also interesting enough basing profitability is rather hard to do. If the currency drops in price, or jumps up can be game changer. Just playing around with the wildly changing currency I invested a small amount and got a return of 150% of my money back :o Which would have made a huge deal if I had invested more then about a dollar. lol

I see bitcoin being more adopted but probably not until it caps out at 21,000,000 BTC and things start to stabilize more.