View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
and just to emphasize the point even more - PC graal going to an item-based economy to generate revenue is not going to happen to the classic-style servers anytime soon, unless they make changing colors on bodies (for example) something you have to buy, which would be terrible. what i'm asking about is a completely free PC graal and whether or not it is a possibility at all, not a pseudo-free PC graal where i have to purchase gelats (or whatever the hell they're called now) in order to change shoe color
If they don't want to attempt to think outside the box then yeah they won't be able to introduce micro-transactions.

UN has a "hat economy" right? There's nothing stopping them from flooding their shop with a bunch of custom hats for say 25-50 Gelats a pop. I'm sure they can also provide a bunch of other aesthetic items as well.

The competence of the people running the server will decide whether it becomes Free-to-play or not. Not the limited options you say they'll have.