View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
I don't think client updates are going to help.
PC Graal is virtually dead, and has no hope unless they move to a new business model (such as the Minecraft model).
I seriously have no idea why some people are still paying to develop their own servers, while there's almost a zero chance any of them will ever go public (the only new server in about a decade of the pay-to-develop system is Zodiac).
Graal needs to shift more toward using more scripted tools that allow for live and direct editing, which has started to happen already. Client updates will enable new capabilities and functions that cannot be scripted in through GS2 / GS3 yet, similar to the way Flash was added for the Games server, and GUI Windows were added, which enable things like custom skins and whatnot.

As for server models, I have suggested before that a microtransaction system similar to the shops most main servers use could probably be used to help players pay off rental fees if they are able to get people to buy Gelats. (And anything past that would be profit for the company.)

But all that aside, it's good to have someone in place who is able to work on such things and implement positive changes.