View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 10:59 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I anticipate the Brutals and other maps are still viable experience options for low level players. Even if that is not true, I don't see the value in adding an extra layer of complexity -- or forcing players to do something they don't like. In fact, I anticipate it would reduce the player count given a bigger audience (i.e., facebook).
First off, it's not a viable option for experience. The amount of experience you get from Brutals or other maps can be obtained in Xmas dungeon in literally 15 minutes. Once you get to a certain point, the other maps are pretty much useless, and with the amount of people that do play that help new players just tell them maps aren't a viable option for Exp, since you could party with other players and gain levels super fast. The way to fix this would be to block out lower level players from the xmas dungeon, since it is just a xmas flood, which can ruin the fun in game play when you just grind over and over and over at the exact same spot. Literally no other way on Graal Kingdoms is useful to gain levels once you hit ~25 levels.

Quote:
Let me make sure I understand correctly; you're suggesting we force players to invest their time in order to utilize simplistic crafting which is currently available and open to all players?
What I am saying is that we get players to start doing something in the mean time instead of being bored and going to a different server and/or a different game. These things aren't forced, they can be for fun. Like the Nihil Shop, but more of trophies for stuff.

Quote:
If that's the case then Rogue's suggestion is much worse - if they acquire resources (which Spiker seems to be suggesting) then at the least a subset of players could grind these items and sell the resources because they're practically required by everyone. This is an O.K. suggestion.
Like I said, things can obviously change, these are just ideas.

Quote:
However, in Rogue's suggestion it is required for everyone because they need "Adventurer Points" (how does this apply to any reality? Do I need to fix 100 cars before I can buy spark plugs?)
Completing a dungeon gives you literally nothing. You get like 15 plat for brutals and such. Why not give something else, like with the deadly maps how they have a chest. Why not give a chest at the end of EVERY map, the contents of the chest can vary on the map difficulty as well as the amount of "Adventurer's Points" you have. If we are speaking of reality, how can we cast fire bolts from out wands and have swords that are made of fire. Look at Zodiac for instance, they have the "levels" after you max out your character. There needs to be SOMETHING that keeps players busy, even if it is before max level.

I remember hearing about a achievement like system that was in the works, where did this go? Is this still happening? Any news on it?

I think there should be high priced items that players can shoot for. Every single thing on Graal Kingdoms can be crafted in a matter of hours. Why not make some craftables have ingredients easy to obtain, but tough to obtain the amount to craft. For instances, the Bear Hat. 250 cloth is a decent amount to obtain and it keeps you busy for awhile. I love this aspect and I believe it should be continued.