View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 01:17 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
We've "gone back to the old system" a couple of times for gangs, but in the long haul, they don't turn out to be as successful as we would think. It seems to come in spurts. Players gain interest in a new system (either love or hate) and it slowly dies out (lack of interest). A couple of developments are in the works which should bring interesting turnouts.

Although I do like the idea of the draft system, I'm not sure it could be executed properly on Era because of the playercount. I think we can agree Graal has always been a social platform of some sort. You want to play with your friends. Since Era PC has such a small playercount, you basically already know everyone and how skilled they are (if they are a n00b or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhunk View Post
In all honesty, most of the Era players do not know what they want.
This is probably the biggest challenge for a developer or staff. Since no one is getting paid, stuff gets made out of motivation and players ideas, this can turn out to be a good thing or sometimes a bad thing.