View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 10:07 PM
2Pac will become famous soon enough
If the draft system is something from what i have heard, (captains drafting players every week for gangs). In my opinion, it most certainly wont work. One of the main elements of being in a gang, is being in it with your homies. You are going to end up with so many situations, where the captains will not get along with there fellow gang mates whom they've drafted. This is simply due to a combination immaturity of players on Era and the fact people make enemies. Who want's to fight side by side with an enemy? Will people like Catmater take orders from some one whom they consider inferior to them (aka everyone)?

Don't get me wrong, i think draft picking is a great idea, i just don't believe it's going to work due to these factors. People will simply party tag up with their homies, and raid, or raiding will cease to exist because there will be no benefit in raiding other than the simple joy of killing players, and unfortunately i don't believe that's enough for some players.

In regards to HunterHunk's post,
1. I believe bringing back a more classic gang system is in need. In my opinion, i believe 3 gangs maximum with no gang limit should be introduced. Simply because Era lack's the player traffic it once had.

2. I'm not sure having multiple gang bases or all gang bases on an island would help anything, i believe that it will end up as it has always ended up. With players pking at one base. I think a possible way to give a variation to the levels which players pk in, is to either make one giant base comprised of all of the gang bases in one (which would actually be a mess IMO) or to make it such that the base which players pk at, had alternating interiors. What i mean by that is, for 2 hours it would be the black holst interior, for 2 hours it would be the blazian bandits interior, etc... I don't know if this is even possible to do to be honest. (scripting alternating levels)

3. I support this idea partially. This would require the multiple gang bases, which i personally don't think is going to work. Another idea i have is that you could make it so the bonuses alternate gang bases, and perhaps this would force players to raid other bases. (IE: in my opinion the most valuable gang bonus is the bullet damage one at bh, so make it alternate to different gang bases)

4. I think this is a great idea as well, because working towards things is what drives most players. I don't think that making these gang guns worth money is a great idea, i think perhaps each single gun should be worth gang points. So the leader could spend the gang's points on buying these guns, rather than actual money. Not everyone is willing to mine for 500 years to get the money for that ****. Another problem with this though, is only certain members will get gang guns, specifically the Leaders closer friends. There will be a lot of corruption unless some type of system is implemented which is out of the gang leaders control to a degree. As Hunk said, his idea needs some work so perhaps some one else has ideas pertaining to topic #4.

I one hundred percent agree with hunk, that the draft system destroys what a gang really is. The type of gang system which has existed on Era, has existed for over a decade, why trying and change something which obviously works?