View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
So there are now only four attack types that still aren't actually on any weapons or used in combat at all. It would be fantastic if the full spectrum of attack types was finally completed, and GK is honestly not too far off from that right now.

I figure I'll toss out a few ideas for them, and other people are welcome to join in. :]

Acid - Corrodes your opponent's AC or WC, reducing it temporarily.
Drain - Drains your opponent's spell points.
Paralyze - Stuns your opponents for a short duration.
Deplete - Absorbs food points from your opponent. (Or possibly grace, although the icon is currently showing a piece of food. )
Re-introducing acid/Balor's Vitriol could be pretty cool if the effects are temporary.

And as far as I know drain magic still works as a spell, and having an item with resist drain +100 (like that black necromancer helm with the purple gem) gives you immunity to having your magic drained.

A year or two ago Nico/Cubes made it so the attacktype "fear" stunned a player for a short duration. The thing that made it so overpowered was the effect could be re-applied while a player was still paralyzed, causing some spars to last as short as 5 seconds (fully geared players too). If there was some sort of parameter where the effect could only be re-applied 3 or 4 seconds after the player is freed-- it might not be so bad. And the effect should only last a split second itself. But yeah, all that to say Paralyze could be pretty cool too!

And omg deplete would be so annoying in combat.. love the thought of it!

Edit: Maybe a new spell called Drain Grace that's also affected by the Drain resists. And still use deplete for absorbing food points.

Last edited by Conqueror; 10-03-2014 at 04:08 PM..