View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
The forums don't happen to be the only place they provide assistance. They are also helping in game. There has always been considerable help for those that make their way to the forums but there is a large group of people that don't even have forum accounts yet still need help. The GDT is just another layer of help both off and on the forums.

In response to Chris's paranoia about team members. They do have a code of conduct and a set of responsiblities they are required to uphold. They are also aware that any abuse or corruption will be punished severely. At least in my eyes they are being held to the same standards of trust as the rest of us are. The only difference from my view is they don't have a global rc. This would require they all have gold which they don't. Hence the need for a larger community of developers, some with gold, some without, to best serve all servers.

For several years now, rights have been severely limited, even for globals. As an example, I could do nothing more than read logs on a server for my first year as a PWA. I don't see how that right would benefit any member of the GDT. The GST (including Skyld) had to have their rights set by server managers to even do script inspections. Its no different with the GDT. IF they need rights on a server to do a specific job that the owner/manager asks them to help with. I'm sure that manager will be perfectly willing to add them the rights. IF said GDT does something bad with those rights. They will very soon find themselves without membership in the GDT and with a very long ban. Same as would happen to any of the rest of us Globals.