View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 05:10 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
They have the power to carry out the tasks that they need to do.
But not global power, which is what I said. They are not "globals" if we take being a "global" to be having global RC. The definition is debatable, but that's not the point. They don't have powers that normal globals (PWA, etc) have, while the tag implies that they do.

Quote:
Elaborate.
Is there anything to elaborate on? They don't necessarily need to be trusted as much since they aren't given any actual rights.

Quote:
They are what their tag says they are, a member of the Global Development Team. The guild is not required to be on the staff list.
Global means for Graal as a whole and not any single server. Why should it matter if they have global RC or not?
The tag is misleading; they are not globals, do not have global powers, and should not necessarily be trusted as globals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
"Could"? Has it been abused?
Why wait for something to happen and do nothing to prevent it?

Quote:
Why would you trust global staff with Global-RC, and not a global community of developers, who have been certified by global staff, but just don't have Global-RC? Hm.
Because they aren't held to the same standards as globals. If they don't have to be trusted with a global RC, then they don't necessarilyhave to be as trustworthy.

My intentions are only to prevent an abuse of the tag, not to diminish the purpose or power of the GDT. There are likely different names that wouldn't imply that they are "globals", but still work just as well. I'm not trying to attack anyone by saying they can't be trusted, but instead trying to avoid any potential problems in the future.