View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=Clockwork;1516479
And the ever so quiet Xor? [/QUOTE]
Yes, it would be Xor. His skills are more along the line of mine in the non development side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
That needs to be italicized and emboldened.
I am indeed interested in joining the team, and I would do it because I enjoy developing.
The type of person I would prefer to see join.

Quote:
However, over the years I have requested simple minor features for the scripting engine and other things that have either gone unanswered or have only been implemented serverside. I do not enjoy developing on outdated platforms, and I consider Graal outdated because of the amount of time the client has gone without an update. If you, Stefan, or anyone else expects me to put more time and effort into developing, then I want to be paid with Graal updates.

These features are things that I'm sure Stefan could implement in anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. If that is not the case, then he should explain why it would take so long and when he might be able to do it if he intends to.
I can't really answer for what has happened in the past as I wasn't here nor do I know what his reasons were for not implementing something. My purpose is to attempt to improve Graal now and for the future since iPhone apps aren't going to be sufficient to support everything I'm sure.

Quote:
On another note, if this team concept takes off methinks a documentation of development and management standards should be created. However, methinks this would mostly be for standardizing scripting practices.
I agree and I'm sure there are people out there that actually enjoy doing that sort of thing and excel in it. Thats something that the team itself could form amongst themselves as this team is basically a blanket team covering all aspects.

By the comments left, I'm still a little at a loss as to whether there would be enough support to develop this team or not but I for one would like to at least give it a try. What is there to actually lose after all?