View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
And if you have the ego to go with it. It's unfortunate but alot of staff members have the main goal of gaining more, 'power' while furthering their own needs. The best way to entice younger scripters (and maybe other development branches) is with the promise of power.

Older scripters generally become apathetic to the situation and slowly branch of to other sources of coding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Doubtful. It would still be the same thing: Doing lots of work, improving Graal with no immediate reward. It sounds like a noble concept but most staff will be disappointed at their lack of rewards.

Global RC really is the best encouragement tool there would be as it comes with a sense of power and standing.
All your points are absolutely correct.

Inspiration is what is necessary to fuel my scripting, not money or promise of power. Stefan has not done alot to inspire me to put time and effort into Graal. I have made a great deal of simple feature requests that have fallen on deaf ears and I'm just tired of it.

If Stefan could do more to show me that Graal actually might have a future I will be interested in joining this Global Development Team with or without a global RC, simply because I enjoy coding.