View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
I'm not sure why when I type in "Instance System" or "Instance Manager" I can never find this thread.. That or even looking in the Code Gallery which this thread is said to be in...
You sure seem to have a lot of trouble with search engines.

Quote:
Anyway, the problem is... well I don't know...
Cujo started the process, we have a class called "instance" and a class called "intro_instance_map". a

Then inside our NPCs we have InstanceManager.

Inside Folderconfig
level temp/*.graal
level temp/*.nw
level temp/*.gmap
file temp/*.gmap

Inside NPC Server:
r levels/0intro/*
rw levels/temp/*.nw

We both aren't sure what is supposed to happen next, but we do know for the most part that it is not working. This is something we would absolutely love to have for the intro, but he and I cannot seem to figure it out. I just checked today, the whole thing is confusing. The only thing it seemed like I had to do that it did not look like he did was add the rights to the NPC server..

Not sure what type of details are needed..

PHP Code:
// class "easter2k11_instance_map"
public function prepare() {

// choose a random map

this.mapLevelName IntroMapControl.getRandomMapName();

temp.resources = {

"levels/0intro/" realMapLocation

}; 

PHP Code:
function onCreated() {

// basic setup

GameInstance newInstanceTemplate("TStaticVar");

GameInstance.setTempPath("levels/temp/"); // folder which holds resources

GameInstance.setEmergencyExit("shaded_p09.nw"3030);

IntroMapInstance newInstanceTemplate("GameInstance");

IntroMapInstance.setTempPath("levels/intro0/");

IntroMapInstance.join("intro_instance_map");

He joined the class in basically all the levels.. It doesn't use a gmap.. I don't know ...
Can anyone help?
It seems like this script is going over your heads. The class does not need to be joined in any levels. The main NPC will handle that. See how I did the easter map and then modify that to suit your needs (copy the appropriate levels).

Also see how I created new instances. All of that information is in the OP.